Chapter 8 Part 2: In Between

"Do you really love her?"

"Yes, yes I do." Reyna answered immediately to the cloaked man's question with firmness in the tone of her voice but her face looked like she was unsure..

"Now tell me, why do you love her?"

"What is it about her that made you say that you really do love her?"

Omen shot questions at her, questions she might not have the answer to at the moment. He smiled at her, a reassuring smile is what he gave. But rather than feeling calm she was more unsure of what she would answer. She opened her mouth but nothing came out of it, no words, no answers. All was left in doubt and confusion. Then finally she answered, "I- Maybe it's her personality?" She forced a smile at him.

"Your answer sounded more like a question than an answer." Omen chuckled at her, he was sure it wasn't love. And for some reason it made him feel less worried about Reyna. The mexican looked at her phone, hoping that Sage would call her anytime soon. "She will call you if she wants to, you don't always have to make the first move." The cloaked person said once he noticed Reyna looking at her phone.

Reyna looked at him and weakly smiled. He had a point, if she did want to call her she would. She thought maybe this is where she'll know if Sage would ever even want to give her a call or at least make the first move.

Because she thought maybe Sage was just forced to reply or answer her calls. She's too nice for someone like her, she thought.

"Sage and Jett are just bestfriends right? Well you're her girlfriend so wouldn't that put you in a higher rank?" Omen chuckled while getting chips from it's container. Suddenly Viper comes out of her room with her goggles still on protecting her eyes; she looked like she couldn't careless about what they were talking about.

"Maybe you should think twice." She glanced at them while tossing her phone at Omen. The cloaked man gasped causing the empress to be more curious about what was in the phone. Omen showed the phone to Reyna, there was a photo of Jett and Sage along with a certain German but the conversation was far more important than the picture alone.

"They confessed right in front of my girlfriend, of course I don't give a shit about them but wow I couldn't help myself talk about it to you when you're so sad about your Sage or should I say Jett's Sage." The short haired woman said as she removed her goggles. She snickered at the very end of her sentence, leaving the mexican on edge. Omen gulped and looked at Reyna reading their conversation. Her facial expression couldn't hide how infuriated she is and how hurt she is at the same time.

"Reyna, they are nothing, but you and Sage are something."

Omen gently removes the phone off her hands and placed her hand over her shoulder as he whisper something to her ear.

"Don't you own her?"

He chuckled, he believed on Reyna. She's the worst which means she's the best. She has this intimidating aura that nobody dares to make in contact with. Reyna scoffed at him, making eye contact with an intense gaze, it was as if she was looking through his soul. "She's my girlfriend not my prisoner." She sounded genuine but the cloaked man's reaction was far from being happy. His chuckles faded away into thin air and his head sunk down to the ground.

"but you are the empress. The powerful, the great fearless empress."

He encouraged her still facing the ground. He slightly smiled at the sudden idea that lightened up his mind and before you know it he was back again looking at the mexican straight in her eyes.

"Oh... Delilah... There is a boundary between being just bestfriends and being more than bestfriends. For instance, bestfriends can share secrets, know more about each other than normal friends, they can hold hands, hug... But kissing crosses that line. That boundary" Omen then sighed at her, he might have finally figured something out the relationship between Sage and Jett. He was rather sad about this enlightenment but it may or may not be a good thing for him and the others.

"Even worse is having an intercourse with that so called 'bestfriend'. Of course wouldn't that make them more than friends? So between friendship and dating; there is a small line, a fine line between dating and being friends. Just friends, no labels, but acting exactly like couples." He finished off with a small smile on his face and a look in his eyes Reyna couldn't describe. She wasn't stupid to not get what he meant by that.

"Exactly... I know you are smart but it takes a lot to overcome such obstacle." He grinned at her noticing how the expression on her face shifted from being curious to being devastated. He had a point or maybe he was right and that realization made her stare at him with her eyes blank. "Oh look she's calling you." He glanced at the ringing phone that the empress didn't seem to notice. She answered it with a bit of hesitation.

"Hello?" She said with her voice sounding worse than the last phone call they had. "Hey... Are you alright?" The woman on the other line asked worriedly. Unfortunately she was on speaker mode, making Omen hear the sentinel. He sighed at her as he put his hand on her shoulder comforting her as he shakes his head. She spaced out for a second until she felt Omen's hand on her shoulder, snapping her back to reality.

"Oh... Yes I'm fine, can I pick you up now?" She forced a smile even though Sage couldn't see it. Omen removed his hand on its previous placement but kept his eyes on the mexican. "Oh yeah you can now..." She replied. There was a long pause before she spoke again. "Are you sure you're okay?" She once again asked, not buying what Reyna said to her. "Yes, I'm sure I'm fine." She said again this time sounding a bit happier than the last time. "If you say so..." She said in response, still not believing in what she says judging by the tone of the mexican's voice.

"Hey..."

"Hm? What is it?"

"Nothing, I just love you."

The mexican chuckled. She knew she told her that so many times already but this time just sounded different from the rest. It was serene, frail, and brief. Not that she had never said something in those ways but it had so many emotions in just one sentence. There was quite a long pause before the woman in the other line responded and in that pause the mexican felt nervousness. She was unsure whether she would say it back or she would she just end the call, it was risky but she shot her shot.

"You told me that so many times already." Sage chuckled over the phone. The tattooed woman smiled at the thought of the other girl chuckling. The hooded man felt like he wasn't supposed to be there but he wanted to know whether she would day it back. He looked at her and the phone curiously.

"Be careful on your way." She said before Reyna responded with "Okay." and then ending the call. It wasn't an 'I love you too' but hearing her worry about someone who is like her somewhat feels just as good as hearing an 'I love you too' from her. From that simple sentence, she felt a little better. Thinking the sentinel cared about her made her at least a little happier.

She looked at Omen who looked a bit surprised by their conversation. "What happened to 'I'll kill her next time I see her'?" Omen raised a brow, a little bit taken aback by how well they're getting along comparing to the past. "I don't know too." she simply replied at him with a small sigh. "Still... She and that korean might be a little closer than just being bestfriends." Omen didn't forget about their conversation earlier about Sage and Jett but most importantly he was almost sure there was something more to their friendship. More like secretly hoping that there is something more.

"I'll have to get going now, as you said we need to talk things out..."

-----
Thanks for reading this chapter <3
Thank you all for 6k reads😳❤️
I know it's been a while since the last update...

have a nice day or night:)