Chapter 9 Part 2: Truth

"Are you trying to get in my nerves?" Jett asked him, frustrated what he just said. But it was exactly what Omen wanted. She was there standing with her hands tied to her back and she was well aware that anytime she could flee with both of her legs unoccupied but she stayed to hear his blabbering. There is a possibility that what he was telling her was true since he is in contact with Reyna, so she decided to stay for a while.

Omen grabbed the spike that fell on the floor, observing it with a little to no interest shown in his eyes. "This is what you came for right? You can't exactly go back with nothing on your hands..." He placed the spike in front of her face with a small sly smile. Jett looked at the spike that was in front of her, he was right. She can't go back empty-handed. She averted her eyes back at him, curious about where he's going to take the conversation to. "But first I have information. Information about Sage." He said grinning.

He explained and told her from the start, how they started so easily with such weak foundation. "You're lying." She refused to believe his words. His words were like knives penetrating her heart. Even though she refused to believe his words a part of her pieced together that this was the reason Sage wouldn't let her be more than a friend. Omen lets a low rumble out of his mouth thinking of what Sage had done to Reyna.

"You think I'm lying?" He threw the spike that was once on his hand to the ground. He tried to understand her situation at the moment but only felt ridiculed by her response. Still, he managed to understand that she was probably only saying this because she didn't want to learn the truth. "Because of your stupid healer Reyna's gone soft!" He continued, this time with a louder voice. "That other mission, why do you think she couldn't bring herself to shoot her?" She remained silent to his question as the memory of that day flooded back into her. "And you still think you were her everything..." Omen continued with a sigh, only a hint of pity could be felt from his words.

"I am her everything, I'm the one who never leaves her side, I'm the one who loves her more than anything else, and I'm the one she likes." She confidently said to him, remembering her say that she likes her too. She sounded a little bit too confident but her words comforted herself. It was the words she wanted to hear.

"But you're not the one she loves." There was a difference between like and love and obviously love is on a different level than like. Her heart instantly disintegrated upon hearing his words. She wasn't entirely sure if what he was saying was true or not but it felt heavy to her heart. She gritted her teeth in response, most likely trying to contain her emotions from bursting out. Omen sat at the ground with his legs folded and the spike in his hand.

"So if you want her to love you back, why don't you make the things go back to the way they used to be?"

Her eyes widen in his suggestion, filled with curiosity and hope. She looked at him on the ground, wanting to know more about what he was talking about. It all made sense, the reason why Sage wanted her to wait, the reason why Sage couldn't be with her. He looked up at her and at that moment she knew he wasn't going to do her no harm. She sat beside him soundlessly, at that very moment she felt drawn into this certain atmosphere overwhelming the air. "How long?" She asked not minding the struggle in her wrists from the cuffs.

He chuckled in his usual raspy, low toned voice in response. "To my knowledge... it has been a month ever since they've started this." She could only lower hed head as a reply to him. 'How could she say all those things to me even if she already had someone?' She thought to herself. She felt stupid but still her love remains for Sage. She loved her so much that it felt like running after her was like chasing the clouds. "Now think about it, I'll give you the spike if you make Sage break up with Reyna. This means you can be with her and we also benefit from it by bringing the old Reyna back." He told her, offering her a handshake for a deal. She looked at his hand and glared at him. "Oh! Right! your hands are... Tied back..." He said as she turn around for him to unlock the cuffs.

After unlocking her cuffs he offered her a handshake once again, she gave the deal some thought before shaking his hand. The girl felt more broken than before as she shook his hand, meaning she believed what he said. If she didn't believe it she wouldn't possibly shake his hand and make the deal but then again Omen wouldn't just give her the spike so easily like this if there was nothing in it for him. "If all of this is a lie I'll put you back to your grave." She threatened him as she snatch the spike from his hand and stood up from the ground. He showed no reaction to her threats but he felt succeeded.

She grabbed back her gun and went back to the submarine with her eyes getting blurry with each step. Blurry with tears pooling in her eyes. It hit her, she was a little too late. She entered the submarine with the spike in her hands. She might've succeeded in the current mission but would she succeed in making Sage hers? "Do you have the spike?" The driver asked her but she didn't respond to him and only dropped the spike on the floor lifelessly. He nodded at her and started fleeing away from the island. "You okay Agent?" He asked her, a bit concerned about the large explosion and how she was acting. She glanced at him and nodded back even though she wasn't.

She sat at a chair and stared at the blank wall with tears in her eyes taunting to fall out. It seemed unreal but it felt real. She didn't know how she would react after she sees Sage. She smiled at herself just thinking about the sentinel; she found herself looking stupid for that.

Jett knew she had fallen hard for Sage but she didn't know how hard, until today and apparently she fell hard enough to shatter her own heart.

-----
Thank you for reading this chapter!
Thank you for 8k reads<333
Have a nice day everyone ❤️