Chapter 4 Part 3:Softening

"I didn't know you're a dog lover" Sage smiled at Pheonix trying to distract him from whats in front. "Doesn't look like it?" He chuckled. The chuckles soon fade away as Pheonix spot someone unsual to be in a dog park. "Is that Reyna?" Sage gulps while looking at the mexican. "She's probably plotting something evil here" The boy frowned standing up from a bench. "Mhmm..." She replied trying to signal Reyna to go away. "She's now walking towards us" Sage nervously pointed out. "I can see that clearly" Pheonix face palmed. He gets his fire ready on his hand. "No don't use fire, it will spread and the dogs will burnn..." The chinese woman excused lowering down Pheonix' fire.

"Right..."
"We shouldn't initiate the first move." Sage said.
"No Sage, I got this. We can't let her go again. She's the reason why I still can't go in missions."

"Hola" Reyna greeted them with a devilish smile.

'Just what is she planning to do right now?!' Sage thought frowning at the woman.

"You better not be planning something evil or you will pay" Pheonix glared at the woman. "Wow so intimidating... Here's a word of advice, leave this place right now before I do something else" She sarcastically snickered at him as she trace his cheeks with her finger. "Are you mocking me?" Pheonix slaps her hand away. "Does it sound like it?" She grinned and grabbed Sages wrist yanking her to her side, making the Chinese gasp in surprise. "Let her go, you won't like what will happen next" He looks at her hand tightly gripping the other girl's wrist. "This hurts, let me go" Sage said trying to free her wrist from the mexican's grip but to no avail she failed and only made her grip tighter. "I told you to let me go" The Chinese girl slaps her with her free hand. "Shut it bitch, who said you can talk?" (A/N: I ascended while writing) Reyna looks at her with an intimidating look. A few strands of hair covered the mexicans eye while looking at her.

"Is that a fight?"
"Lets go somewhere else"
"Take a video"
"That girl looks hurt"

Murmurs can be heard from the people around them. Some of them started to leave and some took out their phone and recorded secretly. She brushed her hand along the strands of hair bring it back to its places as she loosen her grip a bit. "Consider yourself lucky, this is no place to fight" She looks back at Pheonix. "You'll die next mission and I'll be the cause" The boy threatened. "that is if you can still go on missions" She laughed at him, mocking. The boy threw a punch at Reyna. "What was that? You clearly still haven't recovered. I couldn't even feel anything." She said as she hold her cheek.

"Sage what are you doing? Come here!" Pheonix said noticing Sage who was completely shut. She jumped a bit getting back to her senses. She immediately took back her hand and walked beside Pheonix. 'What the heal happened to the Reyna I was with just a while ago?' She thought as she held into her wrist looking a bit confused at Reyna who had a different aura from earlier. The mexican sighs pinching the bridge of her nose looking at Sage. She chuckles at her while the two stood silently in confusion. "Alright sorry, text me when you get home" She charmingly smiles at Sage with the atmosphere gradually getting lighter.

Pheonix looks at them still confused while Sage frowned even more. The people around them in silent and their phones hidden as she glares at them while she leaves the scene. The sentinel sighs as she watch the mexican fade away. "Sage... You-.. What does that mean?" Pheonix looks at her still very confused. From the looks of it Sage was hesitant to answer but managed to give one. "She's probably messing around again" She lets out a weak awkward chuckle. The british boy scoffs at her. The crowd soon faded away and Pheonix and Sage was left at a bench once again. 'What is wrong with her? A while ago she was just all sweet and nice... Does she have a split personality or something?' Sage sighs. "Great now my day's ruined..." The boy complained frowning while looking at dogs from far a way.

"We should go back" Sage recommended standing up while massaging the temples of her head. "Sure Sage..." He replied to her with a tired voice. They both went to the bus station and waited for their bus.

"About what she said earlier... Can you still go on missions?"
"I'm not real sure 'bout it but from what I've heard I still need a bit more rest..." He sighs as he look at the blue sky above them.

"Sage... I might not be able to use my abilities anymore if I get too reckless."

"That woman almost devoured my whole fuckin' soul" He clenched his hand in frustration as he look at her. The woman beside her gasped, she covered her mouth in shock. "If it weren't for Sova... I heard he shot his shockdart to Reyna when she was about to..." Sage hugged the boy gently calming him down. The British boy hugged her back lightly like he was hugging her mom. "It's okay, you will be fine. You will not lose your abilities." Sage reassured him caressing his back. The boy breaks the hug between them as the bus arrives. "Thank you Sage, that helped me calm down." He said standing up with her and going in the bus.

-----

Reyna went to her car and drove back to their place. "Good morning Reyna where did you go?" Omen asked her with a hot coffee on his hand. "Just had to meet someone..." She replied with a tone that seemed to be sad. 'Now I know its not Jett' Omen thought while taking a sip from his coffee. "I need a break" She said going to the shooting range and shooting every target with great accuracy. Omen followed her in confusion. "This? This is isn't a break Reyna" He said looking at the mexican woman shooting.

(Bg Music ( : ˘ ∧ ˘ : )

"Puta Madre Omen mind your own business" She replied not minding Omen. "I can see you're upset once again. You can entrust your secrets with me Reyna." He said walking closer to her with the hot coffee on his hand. The gun fire stopped and she looks at him. "I will listen." The cloaked man said genuinely. The mexican hesitated. "You're wasting your dear time Omen" She snarled at him but he insisted. "I will not leave" He said taking a sip from his coffee. Still with bondages on his hand he gently placed his hand on her shoulder. He finishes his coffee and placed it carefully on the ground then pushed it away with his foot.

"You're being stubborn" She said letting the gun fall out of her hands as she look at him. "I will listen with no judgement, I am your friend." He continued pulling her into a hug. "I understand, we're the villains here." He said not even smiling one bit. "stop making me look so weak" Reyna angrily said to Omen aggressively breaking the hug. "I bet you want to cry right now but you don't want to look weak so you let it all out in anger... I followed you earlier..." He sighs looking at her. "Why did you follow me and no that is not true" Reyna said gritting her teeth. "You were so happy looking at your phone so I wonder why..." He replied to her while grabbing the gun that had fallen off her hands.

"You don't have to tell me what happened. Sorry for eavesdropping."

"Tch"

Reyna turns away from the cloaked man and to herself she walks away leaving him. Although she doesn't want to admit it, she walks to her room with teary eyes and a knot on her throat.

'Just watch I will make you mine'

-----

Thank you for reading this chapter!!

Guys sorry for the delAys 😭🤧

Btw my exam went okay 👌 I had troubles with computing hotel stuff tho sjjzmsb //

Omg I also made a twitter acc uhm? Feel free to follow I guess LMAOAOAO @JustKokio (shameless self promotion)

Reyna on crack' thing idk what to call it) on Facebook so I just wanted to share it with y'all

https://www.facebook.com/108094027275990/posts/408748550543868/

Anddd finallyy we reached 1.k reads

Thank you all readers❤️😳

Have a nice day everyone ♥️