"It's a story that's told to the tribes," Sam spoke as he walked toward Emily, kissing the side of her head before resting his arms around her waist. "Who is it?" Annabeth asked, she was invested and wanted to know if it connected to the strange things happening to her. "Della Freya was a powerful witch sent by the Gods, she was there to ensure that her father's creations were safe among the creatures that roamed the shadows," Sam explained to Annabeth, her eyes alive with child-like wonder that made Emily and Sam smile.

"She fell in love with a shifter," Jared added with a cocky smirk, winking at Annabeth who shook her head with a laugh. "But a bloodsucker had claimed she was his mate while the shifter waited and waited for the imprint to come through," Paul continued for them as he crossed his arms and leaned back against the table. "What happened?" Annabeth asked as she stood up. "They learned that due to her God-like status, she couldn't be imprinted on nor could she be mated to a bloodsucker. This caused a fury in Della Freya's heart," Sam continued as he remembered the times he heard the story.

"So she split herself in two, stripped herself of her power and placed them into two souls," Emily spoke softly as she smiled up at Sam, he had told her the story many times. "Each soul had been placed within twins, one for the shifter and one for the bloodsucker," Sam said before the door opened to reveal Jacob and Embry. "Annabeth?" Jacob spoke before noticing the cut on her head. "Are you okay?" Jacob asked, he walked up to her and looked closer. "I'm fine, Jakey. Just fell off my bike turning the wet corner," Annabeth spoke before looking at Sam, he nodded gratefully.

"What happened after?" Annabeth asked Sam as Jacob and Embry were pulled aside by Jared. "No one truly knows. Everyone had their theories that the souls were split for generations, doomed to love the kinds assigned to them while others claimed that the souls would unite in one bringing back the powerful witch Della Freya," Sam finished off leaving the blonde thinking deeply about the tale, the name sent bells through her mind and she truly believed something about her connected to this historic witch and it had clearly scared the nomad woman.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

After she was cleared by Emily and the pack let her leave, Sam and Paul accompanied Annabeth back home ensuring she wouldn't speak up about their true identities however, they trusted her; Paul more than Sam. Annabeth noticed how Paul had been extra protective of her and he had been hesitant to walk away from her. But she finally headed into the house with the promise that she'd join the pack for lunch the next day. Charlie wasn't home as expected but what truly surprised Annabeth was that her sister was no longer sitting in front of the window.

"You're alive? And not a statue? I was fairly convinced you became a statue," Annabeth teased getting a smile from Bella. "Yeah, I... I was hungry," Bella told Annabeth who laughed and stepped forward. "Well, let's see what's in the cupboards and I'll cook you something based on the ingredients you give me like when we were kids," Annabeth offered. The two sisters laughed and spoke like nothing in their lives had changed, it was a breath of air for the both of them and they decided that they'd do it more often.

When Annabeth finally curled under her blankets later that night, she pulled her laptop onto her lap and opened her emails to see what school work she had only to see an email from someone she hadn't expected. She clicked on the email and smiled at the little message typed on the screen attached with a photo of Jasper, Alice, Colton and Esme. Her heart jumped in her chest as her gaze lingered on Jasper, the man she was missing with every piece of her and she knew that him leaving was a mistake, she shouldn't have let him go and now she was scared they wouldn't meet again in her lifetime.

⊱ ──── {⋆☂ ❉ ☽⋆} ──── ⊰

Rosemary Speaks

Uh oh! She's regretting letting Jasper go, I mean, I would regret that too. And she's learning more about herself and what strange things could be happening to her.

[P.S: Della Freya is a made up witch for my story, if you wish to use it; let me know and add your own originality to it!]

Plus, who do you think the nomad was?
And no, it's not who you think it is. Maybe?
Any guesses?

Also, why do we think Paul was being protective of Annabeth? Doesn't seem his style, so why?

See you next chapter!