Chapter 40 : Fin.

AUGUST 10. 2018.

"It looks like they're late...," Daisuke said as he turned left to Fuutarou as the two leaned on one of the pool's walls.

The latter sighed as he pushed himself off the wall.

"No...I see one of them."

Daisuke tilted his head in confusion before he turned to where his friend was looking, and his eyes widened at who they found. Nervously, he got off the wall and followed his friend to where a certain glutton was ordering five orders of yakisoba.

"Looks like you guys finally made it this far."

The girl flinched before she turned as she looked at the pair in shock.

"Uesugi?! T-Tokugawa?!"

Fuutarou shrugged as he looked around.

"Where's everyone else?"

"U-Um...oh, I know! How about I go look for them?"

"Fuutarou? Tokugawa, too."

She rushed to retreat, but didn't manage to get far before she ran into Ichika.

"Long time no see! Nino and Miku really wanted to see you, Fuutarou-kun."

'And I'm just leftover onigiri, huh?!'

Daisuke silently wailed in his head.

Yotsuba snickered before she and Ichika followed Fuutarou as they walked to the pool, leaving Daisuke and Itsuki to walk as a pair behind them.

"Uesugi-san, did you get a tan? Shi shi shi!"

"How does a swimsuit look on someone your age? This was your aim from the start, wasn't it?"

Ichika smirked as Fuutarou sighed.

"The pool was a bad choice after all..."

Itsuki watched on as she gave a little sigh of relief before her face froze when she reminded herself about who was walking beside her.

She turned to sneak a glance at him, but only managed to catch a glimpse of the lower half of his face before she saw his lips move, and his voice made her snap back to face forward.

"Itsuki..."

She bit her lips nervously as she began to sweat.

"H-Hm?"

"Can we talk-," he started, but was interrupted by two voices.

"Fuutarou!"

"Fuu-kun!"

"I missed you!"

They said at the same time, before running themselves into the aforementioned boy's chest.

Fuutarou lightly blushed before he responded. "Y-Yo, you two. Have you been well?"

"Yup!" The two once again spoke in synch.

"But like, get this! My contacts got washed out so I can't really see well. As a matter of fact, let me take a closer look at you, or better yet, you get closer to me!"

"I was happy when you invited us out to the pool...are you okay with the heat? I brought some sunscreen with me. I'd like it if you'd rub some on me, too."

Nino and Miku both energitically spoke to Fuutarou as Daisuke and Itsuki looked at the scene with wide eyes.

'Those two...they're really going for it!'

Daisuke gulped at Miku's open affection, which only made him more determined to be honest with his own feelings.

And with that, he placed a hand on Itsuki's shoulder as he cupped her ear.