Chapter 35 : In The Mind of Tokugawa Daisuke (1)

NOVEMBER 20. 2015.

"Nice to meet you. My name is Nakano Miku."

Daisuke smiled at her gentle voice as he made sure to remember her name.

"Well, let's go try to find where your headphones are, Nakano-san."

She smiled, though barely noticeable enough for Daisuke to catch, and nodded as she led him away as she retraced her steps.

He followed carefully, and while his eyes were looking around for the blue headphones the girl had lost, it seemed as though he was more focused on the girl herself.

Before he even realized it, they had climbed up to the third floor of the hospital and were wandering around to find her headphones.

Wanting to start a conversation, the young boy quietly started, "So..."

Miku turned to him curiously.

"What?"

Her emotionless response stunned him for a moment before he began again.

"Why are you at this hospital?"

She tilted her head and hummed.

"Yeah. We come here around this time to get our vaccinations every year."

"I see." Daisuke replied as he softly let out a sigh of relief.

Miku, noticing this, found it amusing, but nice that the boy was concerned for her.

After a couple moments of silence, she asked, "What about you?"

Daisuke stopped walking as his eyes widened, and Miku watched him curiously.

He quickly shook his head as he caught up to follow behind Miku.

"My mom's sick."

It was Miku's turn to jolt in shock. It's not surprising. After all, just three years ago she lost her own mother to an illness.

"Is she alright?" She asked without facing him.

Daisuke lightly bit his lip as he walked while staring at the ground.

"The doctor said she was overworking herself and that she needed to rest."

Miku smiled lightly before turning to him.

"I'm sure she'll be fine. A mother like that works so hard because she loves her child that much after all."

Daisuke looked up and gave her a small smile of his own.

"Thanks, Nakano-san."

However, he saw something behind Miku and his eyes widened.

"Nakano-san."

She hummed.

"Yeah?"

Daisuke pointed at a blue object on a bed inside of one of the hospital rooms.

"Are those your headphones?"

Miku quickly turned around before she rushed towards the object, before picking it up and hugging it.

"Yeah!"

Daisuke, seeing how happy she was, couldn't hold a bright smile from coming out. He would soon be taken aback, however, as Miku quickly rushed back to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"E-Eh?!"

"Thank you so much, Tokugawa-san!"

She said with a light giggle. Daisuke blushed brightly as he stuttered, "N-No problem!"

The pair would continue to hug before they heard a woman giggle to their right. Miku quickly broke the hug as the two of them to see a nurse standing in front of them.

The nurse contained her giggles as she cleared her throat and looked at Daisuke with a polite smile.

"Are you Tokugawa-san's son?"

Daisuke nodded in confirmation.

"Sorry, but can you come with me to see the doctor? He has some pretty exciting news for you!"

Daisuke, hearing that he'd listen to good news, immediately nodded as he was led away, but not before he turned back to Miku.

"Thank you, Nakano-san! She was alright after all!"

The girl merely stood there with a hint of a smile on her face as she waved goodbye at him with one hand, holding her headphones tightly behind her back with the other.

Daisuke turned the corner with the nurse, and was out of Miku's vision, but he felt very confident that they were going to meet again.

'Nakano Miku...Let's meet again!'

~

Welcome back, y'all ;)