Chapter 24 : Reunion

MARCH 5.  2018.

Uesugi-kun (my besto friendo) :  Oi, are you seriously intent on not joining us to study for the term-end exams?

Daisuke was sat in a bubble-tea place, seemingly waiting for someone as he played on his phone.  He saw the message that Fuutarou sent, and quickly smirked at his contact name before quickly replying.

Me :  Yeah.  I'm meeting with some friends and studying with them.  I helped study before I joined you guys and they've been bugging me about how they "needed" me again.

Uesugi-kun (my besto friendo) :  Ah, I see.  There's no helping it then.  I'll just have to push through ahead myself.

Daisuke read Fuutarou's reply before sighing, feeling bad that he had to (temporarily) leave the study group.  He remembered something before responding to the text message.

Me :  Just do that new strategy I told you about.  You know, have them teach each other?  

Uesugi-kun (my besto friendo) :  Right.  I'll go ahead and put that plan to use, then.  Thanks.

He smirked to himself as he mouthed 'no problem' as he texted it to Fuutarou.  Shortly after, he started to resume playing games on his phone, as he waited for his friends to arrive, but before tha-

THUD!

'WHAT THE-'

The loud thud had made him look away from his phone screen as he looked at the mess in front of him.  A table moved unevenly, napkins scattered along the floor, and...braided pink hair?

...

...

"...Senpai?!"

The mop of hair flipped itself upwards to reveal Sakurasawa Sumi, known as 'Senpai.'

"Ah-  Tokugawa-kun!  How have you been?"

...she said, still on the floor.

"I've been good...do you maybe wanna- you know, take a seat?"

"I would love to...thanks!"

~

After helping her clean up, Daisuke pulled a seat out for Sumi before taking his own seat in front of her.

"So...was that the usual?"

She nervously laughed.

"Maybe..."

Daisuke sighed.  

"Be more aware, Senpai.  People can't seem to notice you, so at least you should be aware of them."

She nodded, and he smiled softly.  

"So, Tokugawa...,"  he looked in her direction.  "What were you doing here?"

Daisuke took a sip of his drink before responding.

"Studying with friends.  I got here early, though."

She nodded once again as a soft silence took over.  Daisuke couldn't seem to really handle the silence as he asked her if she wanted to help them study.  She was a college student, after all.

"I'd be glad to!  Oh- and that means I get to make more friends...how nice..."

He smiled at her answer before standing up.

"Then in that case..."

He walked towards the door and opened it, before facing towards the left to find the quartet of Saito Oichi, Honda Ina, Furuya Jun, and Minagawa Yuki all crouched down behind the window, and all looking at him with wide eyes and with their mouths agape.