Chapter 10 : Camping Trip - Day 2 (Part 2)

"Oicchan...you're really not good at these types of things, huh?"  Ina asked Saito as they were walking with Daisuke on the path of the Test of Courage.

Saito pouts before answering her question.  "Mou!  So what if I'm not, you shouldn't tease me about that!"  She tightened her hold on Ina's left arm.

Daisuke only chuckled before walking forward once more with his flashlight lighting the way.  The trio continued to walk, one of them in particular more nervously than the rest, before they were interrupted by a loud scream. 

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!  I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMOOOORE!" 

Saito jumped back from the loud scream before glomping Ina's arm again, tears welling up.  "Eek!  How much longer is this...I can't handle more..."

Daisuke shook his head before furrowing his eyebrows.

'That voice...was that-'

"Ina."  She turns to him.  "Is it alright for you to complete this with Saito on your own?  Something came up."

Her eyebrows raise as she adopts a confused look on her face.  "Sure...stay safe, alright?"

He only hummed in response before rushing to where he heard the scream.  After a few minutes of jogging, he stops to see footprints trail to the left of the path.  He takes a deep breath before following them.

'What am I getting myself into...'

He continues following the footprints before they eventually stopped.  He decided to just walk around in order to hopefully find who he was looking for.  Before long, he began to hear...wailing? 

"WAAAAAAA!"

He gulps nervously before taking a step forward, holding his flashlight in front of him before quickly flinching as he heard crunching to his left.

"Fue...?  T-Tokugawa...san?"

The brunette turns to find Itsuki standing there, hands by her side, drool slipping on the side of her mouth with tears falling from her eyes.

He sighed.  "So it was you..."

Itsuki's eyes well up with even more tears as her eyes comically grow in size.  All of the sudden she rushes to him, enveloping him in a hug.

Blood quickly rushes to his face as he blushes deeply.  "I-Itsuki?!?  What are you doing??"

She quickly realizes what she was doing as she jumps back from him, a blush of her own clearly visible.

"S-Sorry!  I was just really scared!"

Daisuke puts a hand on his chest before taking out a handkerchief.  "Uh...here."

He handed her it as she takes it, her blush growing darker.  "T-Thanks..."

Daisuke only nods in response before asking Itsuki about what happened.

Itsuki looks down as she fiddles with her fingers.  "You see, I was with Nino for the Test of Courage, and it was going fine, just so you know, before this really scary clown jumped down from a tree and I...ran away."

Daisuke turns away as he attempts to stop himself from laughing.  "I- pft...I see."

She pouted at him.  "You're making fun of me!"

He doesn't even try to dispute that as he tries to calm himself down before facing her.  "Well...in...ahem, sorry.  In any case," he takes another breath as Itsuki's pout gets even poutier.  "We should go and try to find your sister now."  He smiles softly.