19. Prajakta Got Her Revenge

Start from the beginning

"Hey, come on now! No freaking idiot would have figured out that he was going to molest Prajakta-"

"That's the point don't you see? I am that freaking idiot who puts everyone's life at risk just for some odd satisfaction-"

"Dan-"

"I am that idiot who unintentionally threw her into his side without second thought or remorse. I swear I have outdone myself and have become a freaking monster right?"

The guilt which was showing through his glassy eyes wasn't from today's incident. He is still feeling responsible for his family's demise. And Ishaan could read something else as well through his eyes, much more intense and enraging.

"If you are going to be hung up on her, then I would like to suggest that you shouldn't get distracted and do something out of impulse just to regret it. Leave that girl alone for a while... after she will be calm enough, do try apologizing. That's all I could say and also that is the best option right now because we have to tackle the problem we have got. Tomorrow we need to meet Kushwant Singh... if that Kushwant Singh is alive."

This time Danishk breathed in and out heavily and gave a nod in affirmation as he remembered the plan the three discussed over the phone call this morning itself. Dishan even had his men patrolling the area so things might run according to the plan. Speaking of-

"What happened to Dishan? If I would have known I would have controlled my anger and not hit him."

A chuckle escaped Ishaan's lips as he heard Danishk's concern-laced voice. No matter what he would do to Dishan, at the end of the day he would get worried about his cousin. This is how the two of them have been lately. Will be in a war the whole time and if one gets hurt even a bit the other will be pacing here and there worrying. Before they used to fight or pretend to fight over petty issues but after the cheating incident, things took a wrong turn and now the two won't even look at each other in the eye.

"He didn't inform anything clearly but tailored a perfect lie saying that a beggar tried to steal a few things from his house, caught red-handed and during the fight, he ended up with fractured hand and stab wound right below his rib."

The information caused Danishk to pinch the bridge of his nose. This was an absolute lie and the big giveaway was the thief entering his place. His uncle made sure that the three of them had good protection all around their place and this bullcrap is not at all bought by either Ishaan or his uncle and him. As the two were worrying over Dishan, the person in question was already knocked over the pills he took and was fast asleep. Or that's what the girls thought, so they started digging into gossip and other stories like their college experience, parents and siblings. Dishan had been in and out of his sleep while he was hearing them but one thing particularly caught his interest.

"... you know... I had it all... had it all when I was done with my school... and was about to pursue law and all... but one accident, took away both my parents... as if testing me... my dad was dead on the spot while my mom passed away through heart attack... I just wish... I wish I wouldn't have been in this... this situation... I want to... to go back... back to my college... or... run... run away. I just want to be happy... again... live... again, I..."

All through those ramblings, Dishan caught those words making him realize how fragile this girl is while she goes on pretending to be fine. Whenever he saw Prajakta she either used to smile with warmth or used to roll eyes on him with annoyance. She also dared to get in between his and Danishk's fight which used to be brutal from the time of their college and the one who usually gets in between used to end up physically hurt. He didn't understand when was the last time he went unconscious but the blurry sight of the chitty chatty ladies no... the sight of a sloppily drunk Prajakta relieved him.