Evening Discharge

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Okay, while I go run up to the front desk to give them this paperwork, could you sit in the wheelchair for me, hon?"

Bridget nods, and waddles over to sit in the wheelchair, as the nurse leaves the room again. The penguins peek out from hiding.

".... Could we just roll her out?" Kowalski murmurs.

"No, just wait," The ginger murmurs back, and then reaches out for her bag.

Rico passes it to her. Her hand waves in 'thanks', and she puts it on her lap. Just in time, the nurse comes back in.

"Alright Miss Ailith, let's get you out of here," taking the handles of the wheelchair, she leads Bridget out of the room.

The penguins sneakily follow.

The nurse rolls out Bridget in the hallway. "So, any plans once you get home?" She asks curiously.

"Uh, just restin," The injured human bites her lip.

"Oh, that's good, we'll give you your medication once we reach the desk."

Bridget nods at that. "Thanks."

The penguins trail behind, darting behind carts and shelves and doorways as they go.

The nurse swears she hears movement behind her, as she would check from time to time with a slight head turn back. "... Do you hear that?"

"Hear... what?"

"Movement?... Small sliding?"

"... Nope."

"Oh... okay." And with a shrug, they continue. Soon, the nurse rolls Bridget up to the desk, and gives her some medication. "Once a day, and you should heal up faster."

"Thanks again." Bridget nods.

The nurse nods and is about to chat with the other nurses, when a familiar old lady walks in...with a giant full-grown lion next to her, leashed.

Of course, the nurse and her fellow colleagues scream at this. Bridget however is too surprised to scream, as she recognizes this old lady as her next door neighbor... and apparently one of the penguins' enemies.

Where the fuck did she get a lion??

"Huh. She's still got him. Go figure," Skipper murmurs.

"M-Mrs. Kozlov! We've told you b-before, you c-c-cannot bring in your pet lion for a-appointments!" One of the nurses shrieks.

"Eh? Oh, Mr. Whiskers won't hurt a fly, deary."

Bridget could've sworn she heard the lion groan at his name.

"B-But Mrs—"

Nana just walks down the hall with the lion to her room, patting the nurse's cheek before continuing on.

Another nurse tries to assist. "Would you like me to carry your handbag?"

But this only results in Nana then wacking the nurse upside the head, knocking him down with the old lady scowling him.

The nurse who helped Bridget looks uneasy as the other staff go attend the situation. "Oh dear, it's going to be one of those nights." She sighs and looks down at the ginger. "I'm sorry, you might need to wait awhile before I roll you out."

Bridget frowns, quickly thinking of an idea. "Uh no no... my dad and some friends are gonna come pick me up soon... I could wait here for them."

"Oh... and you have a ride?"

She nods again.

The nurse glances back at the old lady who was being detained by two other nurses, as well as staying far away from the large lion. "Well, okay. Take care, Miss Ailith. Take your medication, and feel well soon."

"Thanks."

And with that, the nurse and some more staff go take care of Nana. Kowalski perks up from his hiding spot with an excited tail wag. "That was a reference to us, right?"

Bridget glances over to where he is, a small look on her face. "No, I meant the doorman." She teases.

Kowalski smiles a little more.

"Wait, we were supposed to bring a car?" Skipper frowns.

She shakes her head. "We'll be good without one... we can just roll with it."

Skipper gives her a look but Kowalski and Private both snicker a little.

Clearing her throat because she totally didn't make a pun, she motions them to follow as she rolls herself out on the wheelchair, putting her medication in her bag while doing so. The penguins slide ahead to get the door.

She nods at them, and wheels herself out, now free from the hospital.