𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

TRIGGER WARNING: SUUUUPER LONG CHAPTER & VERY EMOTIONAL!
— Mentions of prostitution, sexual assault & abuse.
— I hope y'all are still enjoying this book btw, I hope y'all aren't bored of it. 🤍 love y'all. ( yk what it is love, 70 comments ♥︎)

| PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA |— alleghany west, philadelphia - 11:27PM -

— alleghany west, philadelphia
- 11:27PM -

"I ain' shit." Adrian raised the both of his eyebrows and intertwined his fingers, slowly backing himself up to sit down in Romeo's old spot. He stared up at the older in confusion, trying to figure out what he had meant. What did he mean that he wasn't shit?

"What do you mean?" Adrian asked barely above a whisper, leaning forward to show the elder that he had all of his attention. Despite everything that had went on in their relationship and how Teresa treated him and Adonis, Adrian really cared about Adonis and tried to show him every chance he got. He knew how it felt to be treated like nobody cared, so he vowed to show Adonis the exact opposite. Adonis stared down at his hands, his eyes becoming clouded with tears.

He sighed deeply and threw his head back into his pillow, looking up at the ceiling. "What you hea' fa', Adrian? Be for real wit' me yo. What you want from me for real? I ain' nobody, I ain' got shit, won't eva' have shit, can't afford shit...I jus'...I ain't shit. There ain't shit to me." Adonis started as he continued to stare up at the ceiling, he blinked slowly causing a single tear to roll down the left side of his face. He quickly wiped it off, not wanting Adrian to see.

"You don' love me, Adrian. You love the idea of love and the idea of being wit' me, but I guess I can thank ya' fa' ya' effort. I know it was a hard couple of months being wit' me and putting up wit' all my bullshit, mood swings and shit. Hell, my mood changes so quickly you would have thought, I was the pregnant one." He said chuckling sadly, earning a small smile from Adrian who quickly wiped it, returning back to his same, droopy lipped facial expression. "But na' for real...you don' love me. Nobody eva' has and nobody eva' will. Taurus, Ric and Romeo are all different, you see, everybody looks out fa' Taurus cause he's the most nicest, sweetest person I've eva' met, besides you. Ain't nobody can say they don' love Taurus otha' than our motha'— Teresa." He paused shortly, biting the inside of his lip.

"Ric was a savior. He always kept mothafuckas outta trouble and shit like that, when me and Romeo got into it, he made us squash it and that was that." He paused again, lowering his eyes and singling out a certain black dot on the ceiling, it was really two dots, but they were incredibly close and those two dots formed into one, taking on the appearance of a small, black heart.

"Me and Romeo got into it all tha' time, the day I mean you was the day we got into it. It wasn't as bad as all the otha' times, but the nigga was outside smokin' a fuckin' cigarette and he was all up in my business so I told him ta' go catch canca' or some shit." Adonis said laughing a bit, once again earning a smile from Adrian, "I know ya' wonderin' bout' what all this got ta' do wit' you, so I'll tell you....you came into my life when it was just started ta' get worse than it already was and lookin' back i found that shit kind of funny because I was the one who went lookin' fa' you. At the time, I wasn't really thinkin' bout you like that, I wasn't fuckin' wit' you til you came ova' the next day and we talked." Adrian nodded, letting Adonis know that he could continue.