Chapter 114

3rd person POV:

"Hey, his eyes opened!"

"He's waking up!"

"Thirteen, he's awake!"

"Ah, thank goodness!" Thirteen, the USJ hero, breathed out a sigh of relief. "Can you hear me, Midoryia-kun?"

Deku's voice came out in a scratchy voice. He wasn't even sure if he was fully awake or not. "Yes..."

His eyes adjusted. The rain was still falling, but he could make out a huge steel wall in front of him.

For Deku's sake, Thirteen explained the situation happening right now. U.A. was a evacuation centre, with hundreds of citizens including the student's families inside. Heroes lined the border for extra safety.

"U....U.A.???" Deku managed.

"The U.A. Barrier is currently activated!" Sero explained. "This wall is just a taste of what it can do!"

"Just hearing the security would freak you out!" Toru exclaimed. "It evens connects to Shiketsu High!"

Deku looked up wearily. "Going back...is not a option for me."

Banging and yelling was heard over the wall.

"Its noisy inside..." Thirteen murmured.

The wall opened up, and the students were met with a horryifying sight. The civilians were yelling and protesting.

"DON'T LET THAT BOY INSIDE U.A.!" They hollered.

"Hey, calm down, please!!!!" Present Mic tried to stop the people.

"THE PRINCIPAL SAID THAT OUR SAFETY WAS GARUNTEED!" The people yelled. "THE VILLAIN'S TARGET IS THAT BOY, RIGHT???"

"GO HIDE SOMEWHERE ELSE!"

"GO AWAY!"

Deku slowly turned away, when a gentle hand rested on his. Uraraka gave him a determined look.

(My tododeku ass is suffering)

"Don't worry about it." Uraraka whispered.

The people kept screaming insults.

"PLEASE CALM DOWN!" Present Mic tried again.

A tall man stepped up. "It was my proposal." Best Jeanist said.

"BEST JEANIST?" The people exclaimed. "You...you called that boy here? You told us that we could trust the heroes...what is this...ARE YOU GUYS EVEN HEROES?"

When the people screamed that, someone none other than Uraraka flung herself over the crowd and landed on the top of the building.

"Uravity?" Present Mic exclaimed.

Uraraka had a microphone in my hands. She turned to face the crowd from at the top of the building. "Izuku Midoryia has a special power!"

"That's why--"

"NO!" Uraraka cut off the man who had spoken. "HE LEFT U.A. BECAUSE HE DIDN'T WANT TO PUT ANY OF US IN DANGER! WE WERE THE ONES WHO BROUGHT HIM BACK!"

"Uraraka..." Deku croaked.

"HIS POWER WAS MADE TO DEFEAT 'AFO'!" Uraraka continued. "THATS THE REASON HE HAD TO LEAVE! HAVE YOU EVEN LOOKED AT HIM? HAVE SEEN THE STATE HE IS IN NOW, JUST BECAUSE HE WANTED TO PROTECT US?"

The crowd shifted.

"HE KEPT MOVING FOR OTHERS DESPITE KNOWING HE COULD BE ATTACKED ANY MOMENT!" Uraraka yelled. "EVEN THOUGH HE HAS A SPECIAL POWER, HE ISN'T A SPECIAL PERSON!"

"Even with security like ours, the people are restless..." Bakugou grumbled.

The crowd was considering Uraraka's words. The started murmuring among themselves. "He looks so frail...so dirty..."

"Tch." said a man. "Don't tell me...THAT WE SHOULD BE FRAIL AND COVERED IN DIRT AS WELL?"

"THE ONLY ONES COVERED IN DIRT AND GRIME ARE TH HEROES!" Uraraka shouted back. "WE'LL PAY YOU BACK WITH OUT BLOOD AND SWEAT! JUST PLEASE GIVE US SOME TIME!"

"Ochako..." Tsu exclaimed.

"Midoryia." Iida said. "Uraraka is fighting for you...and all of us."

Uraraka sniffed and wiped her noise, then brought the megaphone to her lips once more. "AS FOR YOUR SAFETY....WE CANNOT GUARANTEE IT, BUT WE WILL SOON ENOUGH! WE'RE JUST AS FRIGHTENED AS YOU! EVERYONE HERE ARE SUFFERING!"

"Uraraka-san!" Deku said in a shaky but grateful voice. Tears pricked his eyes.

"I'M ASKING FOR YOUR COOPERATION!" Uraraka cried. "IZUKU MIDORYIA IS HOLDING A BURDEN BIGGER THAN YOU ALL! ALL I'M ASKING IS....PLEASE LET HIM STAY AT HIS HERO ACADEMIA!"