Chapter 107 + A/N

Continued from last chapter.

3rd person POV:

Rei Todoroki walked in, a hard look on her face.

"Mom?" Yoko squeaked.

Shoto's face was slack with shock.

Rei took a deep breath. In a gentle but emotionless voice, she said, "Lets go check on my husband, shall we?"

***

Yoko slowly opened the door, and peeped inside.

"Ah." she said when she saw tears running down Endeavor's face. He was lying down on the hospital bed.

She closed the door and in a hushed voice she told the others, "He's crying!"

"YOKOOOOOOOOOOO!" Endeavor bellowed.

The door slid open again and Fuyumi, Shoto, Natsu, and Yoko stepped inside. Fuyumi put a hand on her younger sibling's shoulder. "Dad."

"Are you guys unharmed?" Endeavor asked in a scratchy voice. A oxygen mask covered his face. Ace bandages circled his head.

"Why are you crying?" Natsu asked with no particular emotion.

Endeavor brought his hands to his face. "I'm sorry." he cried. "I am truly sorry...sorry...Its too late...all my guilt is weighing me down...and now my heart is--"

"Yes?" Rei appeared at the doorway. "What is your heart like? Are you thinking about our son, Touya? That is why I am here."

"Rei..." Endeavor gasped.

Yoko turned away. The memories hurt. They stung like wasps. 

Touya Todoroki had a firepower greater than Endeavor, but with great power came a cost. The more Touya used his fire, the more he got burnt. So that's why Endeavor put a stop to Touya's training.

But when Touya's training stopped, he became resentful. He hated baby Shoto, who got all the attention since he had two quirks. To prove that he was better, Touya had secretly climbed a cold mountain to train by himself.

After Touya attempted to attack baby Shoto, Shoto was banned from playing with his siblings ever again for his safety.

Shoto would always gaze at his siblings - 13 year old Touya, 12 year old Fuyumi, 8 year old Natsu, and 5 year old Yoko - playing contently without him.

As Touya trained secretly, his flames turned blue. But Endeavor found out.

One day, Touya supposedly died from a massive fire that wiped out a forest.

Fuyumi let out a shaky breath as the past resurfaced. She glanced at Endeavor. "I knew you were broken, but I couldn't approach you...I was talk and nothing else."

"Getting ignored is a horrible feeling." Yoko said. "Natsu, Fuyumi, and I had to endure it while you obsessed over Sho."

"The state of Yoko's mental illness....you knew about this, right?" Natsu said to Endeavor. "She's been facing it ever since she moved in to our home. Yet you didn't do anything about it...I just wished I could have knocked some sense into Touya-nii. Maybe then Dabi wouldn't have been born..."

"The responsibility does not only fall on you." Rei said to Endeavor, holding up a flower. "This issue is all of ours to bear. Even if our hearts are shattered, we will stand up tall. You will defeat Dabi."

"Are you....really the Rei I know...?" Endeavor whispered, struck on how determined Rei sounded.

"..." Rei turned away. "Two of our children...one who had to bear most of the pain, and one who isn't even mine, but I love so..."