Chapter 92

Continued from last chapter.

3rd person POV:

Panting, Yoko managed to arrive at her house at the same time Endeavor, Shoto, Deku, and Bakugou did.

"Ah, your here." Shoto nodded.

"Hi, Yoko!" Deku waved.

"More dumbasses to worry about..." Bakugou's eyes narrowed as his hair poofed up.

"Why are you bleeding?" Endeavor asked.

"I'm not--" Yoko reached up to her face and realized that she had a small cut oozing blood right below her right eye. A piece of shrapnel must have cut her. "Oh. It doesn't hurt. I'm fine."

Endeavor was not convinced, but he let it go. His daughter obviously did not want to look at him in the eye.

"Welcome, everyone!" Fuyumi beamed as she opened the door. "I'm Fuyumi, Shoto and Yoko's older sister!! Thank you for making time in your busy schedules and coming over today!"

"N-nice to meet you!" Deku stuttered.

"Oh, is Natsu here too?" Shoto asked.

"Yep, I wanted the whole family together!"

Is that really a good idea? Shoto thought back to the time when Natsu yelled curses at Endeavor. That hadn't gone well.

As they walked through the house, Yoko inspected her friends. Deku, Bakugou, and Shoto all looked worn out and dirty, but still carried themselves with confidence.

I wonder what Endeavor is teaching them. Yoko mused.

***

"Please don't force yourself to eat anything that doesn't match your taste buds!" Fuyumi said as she sat down. The gathered people were digging into her delicious food.

"Everything is so good!" Deku exclaimed. "Despite having a deep flavour, this chicken has just the right amount of crunch, resulting in a exquisite mouthful that--"

"STOP ANALYSING YOUR FOOD, YOUR MAKING THE MAPO TOFU TASTE BAD!" Bakugou yelled (as Fuyumi smiled in thanks to Deku).

(Im just gonna throw this in here - mapo tofu with chicken is awesome. It tastes reaaaaaaaal good. Ok, that was irrelevant.)

"Well, of course." Natsu said as he shoved another mouthful into his mouth. "Fuyumi's been doing all the cooking ever since the house maid had to retire."

"I see!" Deku beamed.

"Hey, you've been cooking too!" Fuyumi said to Nastu.

"Ehhh? I've been eating Nii's cooking?" Yoko said.

"Ahh, I wonder about that." Natsu said. A shadow covered his eyes. "I stopped. Especially after my cooking failed to reach someone's standards..." he glared at Endeavor.

The tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife. 

Trying to make things lighter, Fuyumi pinched Natsu then said, "What do you guys eat at school?"

Yoko swallowed her mouthful, refusing to look at Endeavor or Natsu. "Well, at the cafe--"

"I did not notice." Endeavor suddenly cut his daughter off. He was talking to Natsu. "Next time, please tell me."

The tension got thicker, it was like they couldn't breathe.

"Well, I came." Natsu stood up. "Is that good enough for you?  Thank you for the food."

"Natsu!" Fuyumi exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, Fuyumi. I still can't..." Natsu walked out of the dining room.