Then there's Shane that hasn't shifted but is already fighting with ease, he seemed to be used to it. He enjoyed the fight, to be quite honest I think it is feeding his ego.

I notice a restless Brandon beside me, why isn't he fighting there?

"Why can't you go help them?" I asked him.

"The king's orders were clear, I shall not intervene whilst they're protected by that barrier," He says pointing to the very calm vampire giving Holden a death stare.

"And it looks like it's going to take a while, that witch is too powerful!" Raven shouted.

"And because he doesn't want me to get hurt for Kylie and August's sake." He says.

"August?" I asked confused.

"Oh they have a cute little son named August." Lydia butts in. They have a kid? She tries to stand but falls again.

"Whoa stay still." Jane tells her settling her back again.

"Argh! I hate wolfsbane now I can't even help my mate!" She complains.

"They injected you with wolfsbane?" Of course, Lydia is a fighter they needed to weaken her to capture her.

"I'm getting there!" Raven shouts. "Zafirah I need a single distraction on that witch."

"Uh no babe, my mother is targeting the Kings!" Zafirah says.

"You have to try we need to break that barrier, Holden is getting restless and might try to take it down." Raven orders.

"Argh fine!" Zafirah gives in. "Christian help Shane!" Christian was quick to leave and join the battle heading over to Shane.

As soon as he reached him, Zafirah put her focus on the witch. Her emerald colour seemed to fade a little but Zafirah seemed to weaken. "She's so powerful." Zafirah said before she collapsed on Brandon's arms. Oh this is not good. At the same time Zafirah fell, the green forcefield fell with the little witch. Holden wasted no time in tackling his father, Shane followed to a newly shifted James.

Christian aimed at my mother and was stopped in his tracks, this is not good. He started kneeling on the ground and I swear I saw something like tears coming out. She must be showing him something to distract him.

"Christian!" Jane shouts behind me and leaves Lydia inside the car. As a vampire was about to kill him Brandon ran over and bit its neck ripping his throat out. Jane's situation was the same as ours, staying behind the barrier as per orders. I spotted Ginger with Melissa's wolf, he seemed to be talking to her and she wasn't attacking either.

But where was Greyson?

My mother's eyes changed and set on to me, I felt a powerful force entering me. Everything seemed to fade, the fighting slowed down and everyone looked to be in slow motion.

I noticed Holden stopped fighting his father and removed the vampires trying to get through our forcefield. Shane took over his place, part of me thinks they took turns because they both hate him. Either that or the man is powerful.

It was confirmed that he was powerful when he fought Shane but was still very calm. Shane tried using his affinity as I see the familiar tornado developing around them and then it stopped. He looked confused. Killian showed signs of laughter and saying something that I'm too far to hear.

In an instant Killian was fast enough to throw a kick at his chest where he flew off and hit his back on a huge tree leaving a dent. He struggled to get up, when the vampire ran to him he was able to dodge another attack and shift. Shane shifting means a real threat. I felt myself getting angrier at the thought of this old man beating my mate.