Chapter 15

Zhavi's POV

I did not expect this at all, the room is beautiful, though it doesn't look like Shane's style. Not judging but they could've done differently.

The cream of the walls looks beautiful but they look boring in a way. The carving on the walls is beautiful and so are the lamps on either side of the bed. Speaking of the bed, it is huge. I feel sorry for the poor servant who makes that bed because I'm sure Shane doesn't. The tiny chair on the corner catches my eye next to a weird looking plant. Is that real? I like it and the chair.

The curtains bring a beautiful light in the room and by the looks of it, behind the curtain is a sliding door that probably has a balcony. I'm hoping it's like the one from that house he took me to on our first date. I feel butterflies just by thinking about that day. The part I loved most was the scent that filled the room.

"Like it?" He takes me back to reality.

"It's not.... you." I say honestly still looking away from his eyes.

"I know, my mother said my room was too dark for your as I quote ' for a beautiful heart ' so she renovated it. At least you get me pecas." He says giving me his hand as he guides me inside.

I didn't miss the sparks dancing between our intertwined hands. His touch is just out of this world don't even mention when his body is near, his kiss and those dark orbs, oh my gosh Zhavi stop acting so thirsty.

"It's really beautiful actually, but you know I prefer dark." And he knows that very well.

"I guessed that." He says.

I don't reply which causes silence to creep in the room. I'm scared of what he thinks about me. What if he doesn't want me? Although he hasn't shown any signs of it.

"Why won't you look at me." He says as he goes to a table and pours something that smelled like whisky in a small square glass.

"Can I have someone bring you something to drink? Eat?" He offers. The thought of me eating actually makes my stomach make that  grumbling sound. Embarrassing!

"I'm guessing food it is." Why am I not replying.

"Your silence hurts more than anyone else's words pecas." He says bringing my head up after he gulps his whiskey in one sip.

"I'm sorry." Is all I could say to him.

"Tell me what is going on in that pretty little head of yours." I felt the bed dip next to me indicating that he was taking a seat.

"What happened to me?" His body goes visibly stiff.

I ignore his odd behaviour and continue with my question.

"How am I alive? My memory tells me that an arr-" He immediately cuts me off as he stands up.

"This is not the best time to talk about that Zhavi. You just woke up after an almost death exp-" I also cut him off because why is he trying to ignore my question?

"Stop visibly changing my question. I want to know what happened to me. I can't keep asking mys-" He cuts me off once again.

I guess this is a game we're going to play.

"Zhavi.. not now." This time his voice is deeper and lower, something in his voice shouts run but I don't.

"You can't keep me in the dark Shane, I demand answers." I say raising my head at him because I don't get controlled, he is not my superior.

As if something clicked he looks at me, I notice his once beautiful dark eyes are getting darker by the minute.

"You want to know?!" He yells at me. That is something I never thought he would do. Of course he would speak in a warning tone to show his dominance but not shout. I stay quiet at his outburst waiting for him to continue.