Chapter 28

Zhavi's POV

"Are you sure that's him?" Lydia asks me for the 18th time! Of course it's him! It's the man that I came in America for, the man the beast inside of me wants to see die more than anyone. I need his blood on my hands, there is no better nail polish.

"It is Lydia, I want to kill him." I say my voice sounding low and deadly.

"He is an important family member, Aunt Yora won't be happy if you do." Raven reasons.

"I'm sorry Mama V but I don't want him to live either." Zafirah says. I'm glad to know she agrees. "But it's a dinner, remember to use your mind more than your heart Zhavi? We will tell Shane and the others later. Right now let's get through this dinner." She continues.

"I have always hated that man, his heart is as dirty as his mind. Why didn't you tell Shane?" Laveira says.

"I- I wasn't ready. I know he is the person to talk about my trauma too but I try to forget it everyday and that makes me feel better." I tell her honestly.

"Sweetheart, you get over the past not forget it or else it comes back." Wise words from a wise woman.

She's right, half of the people in that room don't know much and I wouldn't want to lose my cool in front of red and her sidekick husband.

I try to calm myself but I could only do so little. A few breaths were good for the time being. my lungs needed the extra air.

We head back to the table as Aunt Ruth told us we shouldn't do anything dressed all fancy. The mood was lighter when we got back, I immediately locked eyes with the murderer of my brother. I know he recognises me. I turned my attention to Shane who was looking at me with intensity, he is smart enough to notice something is going on.

He knows something is bothering me and I'm sure he noticed his mother's actions.

A smile made its way to my face as I approach him, I remembered something, I'm the future Queen which means little Alpha James, is below me. Even so, he couldn't do anything to me, I'd kill him in an instance.

"Everything okay?" Shane asks when I finally sit down.

"Of course, food is coming. It's a lovely evening and we have guests. Don't worry." I tell him as I kiss his cheek. He didn't seem convinced but he didn't say anything.

The first course meal came and the chatter in the table started to pick up, the tension in the room decreased. At least I thought it did.

"So, King Shane. How does it feel to have a mate?" James asks. That father of shit.

"It gets interesting everyday but I can't say it's not a blessing." Shane says looking at me. I smile at him as he squeezed my thigh under the table.

"Well let's hope everyone will approve of her....species?" He says trying to trigger my mate.

"That is beyond anyone's approval." Shane gives a short answer.

"Well I know I approve." The boy named Tyler says. So this piece of James' shit is like his father?

"Watch your words." Shane says, or more like his wolf because that voice was different.

"Oh now I remember! Jake do you remember her? I didn't know you had a double!" James says. I know what he is talking about.

"How is your father then little Gracia?" He says finally gaining everyone's attention.

My mood gets ruined and suddenly I have pictures and scenarios of that night making my blood books with anger.

"How do you know that?" Shane asks.

"Oh we've met, when he murdered my brother in front of me. More like he instructed him." I say calmer than I meant to referring to the beta who's eyes are now widened.