Chapter 24

Shane's POV

It is a silent and snowy day today, I haven't talked to Zhavi in 3 days since that night. As usual I have hurt and wronged my mate. I hate myself for it, I thought I was helping someone else but by doing so I was hurting someone important to me. How can I make it up to her?

Currently I'm sorting out all of these projects that we have been working on. I'm glad my work is never done because I need a distraction. I need to forget that I'm not man enough to go and talk to my mate because I'm afraid of what she will say to me.

The current weather is very odd, it hasn't crossed my mind if who might have caused it but I can't be too sure, it is winter after all.

My office phone rings and I groan in annoyance. What?

"Speak."

"Is this Shane Verlice?" The voice over the phone sounded so familiar it sent those chills and familiar sparks to my body.

"Who is this?" I say now me and my wolf alert.

"Can I request a meeting with you?" The voice says again. The more the woman over the phone talks the more it feels like I have a connection with her. I know that's not my mate but it sounds like her.

"Who is this?" I hate repeating myself but I'm not getting an answer.

"This is Zhsjshdnsjs." Her next words weren't clear. What?

"What?" She keeps saying muffled sounds until the line went off. Fuck! I must be going crazy, I need to talk to Zhavi.

I head down the hall to the direction of me and my mate's room. I can smell her scent getting stronger as I get there, I can smell the water too. She just took a bath.

My legs involuntary stop at the foot of my door, I haven't been in here for days, I'm not sure if I should knock.

I knock silently hoping for an answer. For a moment it goes silent, all the sounds that occurred in the room went silent. During my attempt to listen in, I didn't realize she was close until she opened the door.

"Oh, hi." She said a little surprised that I was there.

"Hey," was the only word I could think about. Seriously? I didn't prepare a speech of which I need.

"Can we talk?" I say scratching the back of my head, her stare is making me a little nervous. It's not intense, sad or mad. It's just neutral, it doesn't show any feelings. In fact she looks like someone who is having a normal and relaxed day.

"I was about to head down and get a snack to continue my book, but sure." She says retreating to the room, leaving me space to enter.

"Aunt Ruth, can you have Jasmine deliver some chocolate cake or something to my room." I ordered our main cook so that she doesn't have to leave.

"Can she enter the floor Alpha?" Ruth asks me for confirmation.

"Yes."

I look at my mate who is just casually sitting on the window couch with a book on her hand, oh so she has a book now? Maybe she decided to visit the library.

"What is that?" She looked up at me with a cute smile. Okay the sudden change of moods is freaking me out. Does she have her period again? I think I would've smelt it and she would be mean to me not nice.

"Oh it's a book I've been wanting, ever since Holden recommended the House of night series to me and he gave me a few books. I finished them and got frustrated when I couldn't find anymore. I thought downloading Wattpad would help but I couldn't find it. I went to the library yesterday and boom! I'm continuing." She says.