Chapter 10

Melissa's POV

I look at the man in front of me with focus, reading every move he makes. He is scary but at the same time intriguing.

I remember what I'm doing this for. I deserve my rightful place as Queen and if Shane won't take me as his Queen then I will take down his kingdom and rule over all these Alpha's.

I have always been at the backseat since we were born. Christian was the golden boy and I was just... his sister. Mom and father mistreated me since birth. I wasn't smart enough, I wasn't ambitious, strong and not to mention my wolf never came even after 14 which is later than other wolves.

I'm not the first person to have a wolf that is a late bloomer but I'm one of the rarest. Most wolves show up when you are 14 but for higher Ranks like Alphas, Betas, Deltas(Also known as Gammas), they get their wolves at 12 or 11 for early training.

It isn't natural for a Beta bloodline to have a late bloomer, especially a royal beta family and as an example I was a disgrace to my family. My brother never paid any attention to me because Shane kept him occupied.

It was hard for me considering they were popular and good looking as kids. When Holden was still their friend they were inseparable. They always blew me off saying I can't hang out with them because I'm a girl but they did hang out with Lydia because she was pretty. Shane and Holden always competed over her. She sometimes hang out with me only in secret because she was embarrassed of hanging out with a nerd.

Believe it or not we used to be best friends. She knew my obsessive crush on Shane and I knew she liked Holden more than Shane. That all changed when Holden left. One minute we're friends and the next she is screwing my crush 24/7 and has found a new best friend.

I hated her and I still do, Shane was mine and she took her. Shane had never given me a single glance. We lived in the same castle for years but he never talked to me and I even asked myself if he knew his beta had a sister or not.

I trained with everyone else and I was good but not good enough because I was weak and I didn't have a wolf. Some even suspected I might be human. It's common for twins of an opposite gender to have only one who isn't a werewolf. Wolves are dominant and they always fight for dominance, they fight for dominance inside the womb and one actually dies before birth.

My mom always pushed me to my fullest and I always slept with my body aching because I couldn't heal myself without a wolf. I cried and prayed to moon Goddess to take me out of my misery. I did everything in my power until I was 17 when I decided to visit witches.

They gave me a wolf, a strong one that has 3 times more strength than any of the pack warriors. When I shifted into my dark grey wolf everyone was shocked. I had them believe it was a gift from the goddess because of its emerald green eyes. The only difference between my wolf and others is that mine doesn't have a soul. It doesn't talk to me, it's just me shifting into a different being.

I proved my strength by challenging multiple warriors and my parents couldn't be more proud of me. I got noticed and I got the fame I've always wanted, even when Lydia and Shane had separated he slept with me and I actually thought he loved me but he was just using me to forget about Lydia because they were forbidden to see each other.

My heart shattered into pieces. That's when I came up with a plan. Alpha James approached me offering to dethrone Shane and him and I could rule together. He thought after his mate died, he was to remarry the Queen but Shane didn't approve and neither did the Queen. He married her sister instead but he used that opportunity still.

I found out he has been planning to take down Shane for a long time and even worked with a Fae.

Carrying out my plan to remove Shane was by working with Hunters. I know they despise wolves but they hate their king more and as every other person, they know that the only way to take down a group of people was removing their leader.