Chapter 21

Lydia's POV

Zhavi and Jane filled me and Raven in on what their little trip was about. I can't believe my ears, Zhavi is really Zaralena's daughter?

She is strong after all and is already popular for beating one of our best warriors even when he shifted. She will make a remarkable Queen. Now why do I feel guilty? Of course, I kissed her mate.

I feel so wrong like I'm keeping some huge secret.

I had the sudden urge to visit the mall, I want to do my nails, I haven't done my pedicure in a while and I'm sure Sissy misses me. Sissy is my stylist, my parents wanted me to have my personal hair and nail stylists but I'd prefer the public one, they always have tea to spill.

The place feels weird, I'm receiving that scent again. The one that smells of my mate. There are mostly humans here, could my mate be human?

Argh I am so confused! Ever since I met Zhavi, she's always had that weird scent. I shrugged it off the first time we met, the first time I smelled her. And then a few days ago when they came back from Holden's, there it was again.

It hasn't crossed my mind that it would've been Holden but why in the human mall?

I wasn't paying much attention to what Sissy was saying until she finished. She saw I wasn't okay so she called it on her. I insisted though because she needs the profit and I love her for thinking about my well being.

I didn't want to leave the mall but I had to. I slowly walked to the parking lot, I saw a Black Matte Audi S5. This car has been on my bucket list, it's beautiful and I had to gawk at it. It made my white Audi A5 cabriolet look cheap in comparison.

What caught my attention was the scent. It was amazing, addicting even. It's his car..

It's my mate's car!

Mate...

My wolf said as we felt a presence behind us. Now there are other people here but they are not like the new presence. The muscular scent of cologne coconuts made my whole body shiver.

"Mine..." A low deep voice that sounded more like a growl said behind me.

Slowly I turned around. My eyes widened when I was met with dark crimson eyes that stared at me hungrily. My heart was pounding inside my chest, it was so hard to breathe. The ringing in my ear didn't make anything better.

All of a sudden the world disappeared, in the corners of my eye I saw the remaining cars leave the parking lot and there was just me and him.

It's been so long since I saw him, too long. He started walking slowly towards me holding a black plastic bag but I wasn't sure where it was from. I stared at him breathless, he continued to stalk towards me as I look at his movements. He was acting like a lion careful not to scare of his prey.

I stepped backward realising what was happening and he growled. A loud growl that I'm sure even the humans could hear. I decided not to provoke the Vampire in front of me. He is the King after all, who knows what he would do if I'd try to escape him. Run in inhuman speed to chase me and expose himself for one.

"Please calm down, this is not the place." I tried to reason with him.

"I'll go with you if you please calm yourself, there are people here." I said again. This time he stopped and closed his eyes for a full minute as if fighting with himself.

When he opened his eyes I saw the eyes I missed so much. His blue beautiful eyes, a deep blue sea only I deserve to swim in.

The moment I saw he was back to normal was when I ran to him. He dropped his stuff and returned the same hug. The hug was filled with so much emotion, we both longed for each other but we were so far yet so close.