Chapter 5

Shane's POV

I'm currently in my headquarters and getting ready to go to dinner. A light knock on the door catches my attention.

After putting on my pants I head for the door with my shirt on my hand. Opening the door I am met with Lydia.

I start scanning her from her head to toe. She had her ginger hair pushed and straightened to her back. Her petite body hugged by the dress that showed her long legs with high heels. What was the occasion?

"Going somewhere?" I ask her.

"More like we are going somewhere. Did you forget?" Forget what?

"I'm not sure what you're referring to." I say crossing my arms.

"We have a meeting with the Alpha of the neighboring pack? Alpha Kage?" Shit!

"Fuck I forgot about that. How did I forget? Damn."

"Oh it's not a surprise since you've met Zhavi." She says wiggling her eyes at me.

"I have a lot of things in my mind Lydia. " I retreat to my room. Back to my wardrobe, now I have to be formal so I can get this thing over with.

Lydia follows heading for my bed and lies on her stomach. "You say that a lot." She watches me as I enter my closet looking for something to wear. "So Zhavi left today. She said something about her dad's friend's kids. She's living with them."

What? Great now I can't keep an eye on her. I can't exactly send bodyguards to make sure she was okay. I thought I was lucky after finding out she and Raven were roommates. Now I need a new strategy.

"Great, another problem. When did she leave because I was with her this morning?" I finally get out in some formal shoes and pants and a dress shirt with my sleeves rolled up to my elbows. I'm not suffocating myself in a suit for Kage.

"After school. Relax, I have a thing that says your mate isn't the most friendly. I doubt she might befriend an enemy."

"She may not talk to them but once they find out who she is t-" Lydia didn't let me finish before she came to my back to fix the collar of my shirt.

"Hey, you worry too much, no one will know trust me." She wraps her hands around my torso in a hug. I guess I needed that.

I turn around and come face to face with her green eyes. For a moment I forget a lot of things. She has that effect on me, we've known each other for a long time and we've grown to trust each other.

Something in me suddenly remembered that this was going to be my wife. She was going to be my Queen. My hands worked up to brush her cheeks.

I remembered the days we used to be together, we were separated by the elders being cautious about us finding mates. Which is frustrating considering they are the ones that thought it was suitable enough for us to marry if we don't find mates. We both were frustrated and our childish minds couldn't separate and we'd meet in secret.

I was so lost in my own thoughts that I didn't realise my eyes were closed and my lips were brushing against Lydia's until someone at the door cleared their throat. Raven stood at the doorway all puzzled. What the fuck just happened?

"Alpha, Lydia, I apologize for the bad timing but Beta Christian was wondering what was taking so long." She said not daring to look me in the eye.

Raven is different from Christian and Lydia and I guess Melissa too. Christian, Lydia and I come a long way along with the vampire King Holden. So they are not as afraid of me as the others. Raven is very close with Lydia and is the youngest among us. With her being a hybrid, she is one of the most powerful beings but her wolf side is on the average wolf rank so she fears me even though I have grown fond of her.