"I'd love to but I'm going to the masquerade party at the Lockwoods, aren't you?" Matt asked.

"Uh, no...not with what's going on with me and Stefan" Elena answered.

"And I'm the sympathy parade" Avy smirked.

"You should go, Artie" Elena sighed "I can wallow with Jenna, go have fun"

Avy grinned.

"I've got to go, there's something I got to do" Matt murmured.

"What?" Elena asked.

"Just something, I can't talk about it but I've got to go" Matt smiled.

"Okay" Elena gave up "Well, have fun"

"Yeah" Matt scoffed "Me and a suit"

"You look good in a suit" Avy smirked with a wink.

"Thanks, Art" Matt grinned, turning to Elena "You and Stefan will work it out"

"I don't think so, Matt" Elena sighed "There's so much about me and Stefan that'll never work"

"You know I'm here for you always" Matt comforted.

Avy smiled a sad smile at his god-sister, knowing her upset.

-

Avy moved through the Salvatore house, pausing as he saw the Bennett witch, smiling as she approached.

"You're here" Avy grinned.

"I got your message" Bonnie replied hastily, two books in her hands.

"You brought the Grimoires" Stefan acknowledged "Thank you"

"What's going on?" Bonnie wondered looking towards the end of the room.

Damon and Alaric were stood looking over a table, conversing over the best choice of weapons for the night.

"We're gonna kill Katherine" Jeremy strolled past, another weapon in his hand.

"I can explain" Stefan held his hands up and Avy smirked.

"Please" Bonnie spoke.

"We're gonna kill Katherine" Stefan sighed.

The vampire moved across the room towards his brother and the ex-vampire-hunter.

"Now this works with compressed air" Alaric demonstrated "The trigger is here, I've got two of these in a different size"

Bonnie stood for a moment, dazzled at the exhibition in front of her.

"Thank you for this, Bon" Avy smiled as he wrapped the girl in an embrace.

"For you I'd recommend this" Alaric pulled stake launcher onto his forearm "Fits nicely under a jacket sleeve, here's the trigger and when you're ready-"

Alaric launched his arm forward, triggering the device and sending a stake from its holder.

"You wanted me to show you how to kill vampires" Alaric justified after a moment of worrying silence from the supernatural beings.