42• Developing cold feet.

Inadvertent:/in-ad-vert-nt/
Not resulting from or achieved through deliberate planning.

Song: kiss it better by Rihanna.

K E N D A L L.

~ the day before the anniversary ~
6:00 pm

"Hi "
"How are you doing " he replied from the other end of the phone. The huskiness in voice is thicker than usual just the way I love it.

"I'm doing fine I guess "

"You guess? And why is that ?"

"Sometimes you just don't know " I say

"If you really don't want to go then you can stay home no one is pressurizing you. You can meet her another time since she won't fucking get off my neck about meeting you " he says trying to ease my nervousness.

I think I am developing a cold feet.

"Nah it's fine I can't back out, either way, I will still have to meet her ." I smile at his words.

It's just a party Kendall and a couple of rich critics. I had to remind myself again.

"I don't know if I really thanked you? But thanks for the dress and everything I really loved it " I admit and scan the empty room. Valerie and Kaylee went to pick up vals dress and I'm alone at home. I really wish he was here with me. I suddenly felt the need to see him and hug him.

"What are you doing ?" He asks ignoring my appreciation. I don't understand why some people don't like being complimented. I know he doesn't want me saying thank you to him that's why he's ignoring it.

I scrunched up my eyes brows in protest not like he could see me though, it was just reflex. "Oh, so you're going to ignore that? I'm not doing anything I'm just at home... alone " just putting the alone out there.

"Okay what do you want me to say "

"You're welcome? Or anything but not ignoring it " my reply was slow.

"Okay, you're welcome brown eyes. Satisfied?" He asks and I bet he has a clean smirk on his face right now.

"A little," I say with a small smile plastered on my face also.

"You're getting really obsessed with my brown eyes " I say blushing.

"Yeah, it's safe to say that. I have something for you, open your door". I looked towards the door with a questioning look. I kinda dislike surprises, it's the anxiousness I feel that drains me.

"Nathan, Are you being serious right now ?" I asks even though I knew he was being serious.

"Yes I am "

I got up from my bed and slowly walked to the door. I opened it but didn't see anyone. I scanned everywhere but I didn't see anyone or anything that look like was for me.

"Nathan. haha, funny right ?"
Was he seriously joking with me? As I was about to close the door my eyes caught a blue box it was well-packaged with ribbons. I bent down to pick it up and saw my name written on it with a cheesy message "pick me ". It sent me flushing!

I read it with a smile on my face. I can't believe he's actually doing all of this. No one has ever treated me this way and I'm loving it.

"You like it right? " I almost forgot he was still on the line.

"Open it " he commands.

I open it and saw a wristwatch in it. I unwrapped everything and brought it out. The tingles and goosebumps I feel are inadvertent. It just happens anytime I hear his voice or feel his body close to me. It's no longer a strange feeling since I met him cause I'm becoming comfortable with this new change in my boring life. I mean.

"OMG, an iwatch! You know you really didn't have to do this right. Is this not too much ?" I say sincerely. The other line went silent.

"Why do I have this feeling you're close by, where are you though? " I ask, trying to change the conversation because I know he doesn't want me rejecting his gifts.

"I'm outside your dorm "

"Oh really , you don't want to come inside? " I say playing with the ribbon on my package. I know this might probably be a bad idea but I was seriously willing to take the risk. Wow, Kendall!

"Nah I'll pass " he replies and I let out a small humorous laugh. I was a little bit disappointed.

"Okay," I was actually very disappointed not a little and later adds,

"But I want to see you "

"Okay, I will not be with you in the same room alone. So I will be out here waiting for you " he says and I smiled.

I quickly grabbed my sweatshirt shirt from the side and put it on. I came to look at myself in the mirror to see if I look attractive enough to face him. I applied a little lipgloss on my lips before going out.

I got to where his car was outside and I sighted him sitting inside. I got in and sat down in the front seat with him.

"Hi "
"You look good," he says and I was like whattt!! Did he just compliment me? Nathan freaking Scott just complimented me!

"Th-thanks " I stumble on my words as I blushed.

"You should wear the wristwatch tomorrow "

"Yeah sure I will, it matches my white dress "

"Hey everything will be okay " he assures me and I felt his hands on mine. I nervously smiled at him.

"Yeah, I know " I lied. We both don't know.
This is that time in my life when I just want to hide and not be seen. I have done that all my life being the unknown.  I always have been scared of putting myself out there even though I refuse to acknowledge it to myself. Right now my gut feeling is not even helping and that's not good. We are not like officially dating yet and that's one of things that's disturbing. I don't want to get my hopes high or his mums. What if we don't eventually work out?  .

Don't blame me I fell in love with doing my own thing, minding my business and not being accessible like that. I love it here. I knew a little of that was going to change when I get to college. Some people tremble at the idea of being alone. I don't understand. I love my solitude. My energy is never leeched; my feelings are never hurt. I treat myself well, I entertain myself, it's peaceful. Though Kaylee and everyone around me seem to see it as depressing and as a mind only retards have. So much to deal with for being an anxious person.

He pulled me into a hug and we remained there for a few moments. Kaylee and Valerie arrived, I went in with them and bade Nathan goodnight.

Though before we went in he and Valerie had a short conversation of God knows what.

We went inside soon after and talked over pizza and grape juice. It was like a mini girls' night.

I can't wait for tomorrow to come and get over it.

**
Hi guys!!
This is kinda short by the way but I just had to drop something since it's been a while I posted. Sorry I haven't been posting that frequent forgive me will ya? I will be getting interactive in this chapter today. So guys what's going on with y'all ? Indulge me!🥺

I can really relate to what Kendall is going through.
I'm a fucking introvert also plus my social anxiety is not helping. But people just think you're weird 😃.

      So there's  someone I know,  I actually know this two people involved. So this is the gist, they both introduced themselves to their families through family event that came up just similar to this. The foundation of their relationship was not really strong like that, just like how Kendall is having doubts. It was not even up to 3 months so Few days after the girl attended one of the guys family event they broke up! 😭
It was just funny and weird . They literally got their hopes high.

Lmao I just remember when Ethan introduced kat to his parents in euphoria 😂. I was embarrassed for her 🤦‍♀️😂

Shit! I almost forgot to drop you guys flowers 💐💐.

Kim 🤎.