20• The kind gesture .

Candor:/can-dor/
The quality of being open and honest in expression ; Frankness

Song: Shawn Mendes- Mercy

K E N D A L L

Waking up to ray of light already penetrating into the room and right to my face. I struggled to wake up . I used my hands to look for my phone to check the time of the day. Kaylee had left the room already. That rat ! She couldn't even wake me up.

I got up from the bed and went straight to take my bathe . Afterwards I wore a nice jean and high waist top . I needed to be free as possible.

"Kenny breakfast is ready " my mum shouted from the staircase

"Kenny breakfast is ready " my mum shouted from the staircase .
"I will be coming down now" I shouted back
Shouting never ends in this house .

I made my way down the stairs and I saw that they were all seated to have breakfast . I guess they must have been waiting for me .

"Good morning Daddy" I went to hug and peck him on the cheek and he pecked me on my head in return
"Morning princess " he said

I greeted my mum and Daniel in the same way and said Hi to David . I'm tired already I don't have the strength anymore to greet anyone.

"You're the one to pray for us today " Mum said
"Huh "
"Yes you don't tell me just this few months you went to school you have forgotten how to pray " she added.

"No " I giggled "how could I ?"
I prayed then we started to eat our breakfast.

"Why did you wake up late though. I heard you giggling very late last night that must be why " David said out of no where.
You bitchy ass nigga!!

Nice comeback jealousfuck!

"Yeah I slept quite late yesterday I was talking to a good friend of mine . Am I not old enough to start with " I spoke in defense of myself.

"Let your sisters be and stop trying to argue with them "  Mum said .

" And by the way can you tell us what you were also doing awake " Kaylee added

Yeah I meannn he should tell us . Kaylee came through for me . I'm not trying to hide anything from my family. I have the coolest family ever but I just don't know where things are going with Nathan yet .

"So Mum any plans ? Have you called the person ?" Daniel asked facing my mother .

Not them playing bro code on us or he is  probably just tired of our kiddies play .

"Oh yeah i was going to call him today so I will right now " she said and brought out her phone .

We were already through with our breakfast . Kaylee stood up to clear the dishes from the table.

"I will call Mr Scott now " she said
She called twice but no one answered . She gave up but the phone rang seconds later.

Mr Scott? I thought within me . That name is familiar . Nah I just be tweaking it can't be

"Okay Mr Nathan " my Mum said and that moment I knew this was not my mind playing games with me .

He probably must be saying no don't call me Mr Scott I'm  Nathan .

"Nathan?, is that what you want , well I just called in regards of your kind gesture towards my husband ...." she was saying

Now he has told her not to use Mr for him ..

"Hello are you there ? Can you hear me Hello ??"

Now he's angry the lady at the hospital gave out his number out .

"What's wrong ? What did he say ?" Dad asked.

Kaylee came in clueless, she sat down and was staring at us for heads up on what's going on .

"Bring it Mum "
I collected the phone from her .

"Hi Nathan "
"Hello " I could hear him say as he let out his breath .

"I know you're pissed she gave your number to my mom but that's not the issue here why didn't you tell me . Why did you hide this from me . I was with you and you never said anything about this "

"If you have asked I would have told you , but there was no way that would have happened cause you were totally clueless. So can I talk to my future mother-in-law already ." He said so calmly

Everyone in the room were surprised I knew the person everyone has been trying to figure out since. They all had a questioning look on their faces .

Kaylee was beyond surprised she was shocked .

Flashback....

After Nathan and Kendall late night call the day she found out about her fathers ailments.

"Hi Mum " Nathan said
"Heyy my boy how are you doing? " she asked
" I am fine mother. I need your help with best surgeon for appendicitis ASAP " he said

"Okay tell what's wrong ? Are you sick baby ? Why didn't tell me ?"

"No Mum calm down . I'm fine I just need it for someone " he said

"Okay I will send it to you after I dropped this call and who's this friend you're going extra mile for . With all candor , I'm shocked "  she questioned.

"She's a girl I like " he replied

"Wh-what?? How ? Don't joke with me
You don't even joke like that , so tell me what this is about " she insisted on getting the whole tea out of him.

"I don't lie and nothing is funny about what I said " Nathan says to her .

"Why didn't you tell me about her " she felt a little hurt her lovely son has experienced love and she wasn't part of this new development in his life . She has always dreaded the day it will happen.

"We will have this conversation later Mum, bye " and ended the call .

—————-
Present ....

"You still have a lot of explanations to give me " I said and gave the phone to my mom.

"Do you know my daughter? And how ?" She fired him with questions.
Jeez ...

I hope he doesn't say something insensitive.

She went on to tell him all she planned to say . I caught her smiling as she talked to him .
Was he being flirtatious right now ?

Damm girl she's your mother! I came back to my senses.

The call ended. " what did he say to you ?" I asked
"He said I shouldn't tell you " she replied
" Are you being serious right now I'm your daughter "

"Who said your not ?" She asked acting shocked

What Really?? She really turning it to a joke .

Everyone left the table to go about their day minutes after .

I can wait for this holiday to end already ...

******
Hi my TBT lovers
Was I the only one that slept very late today ?
I slept really late and woke up with headache.
Happy new year tho❤️❤️
I love y'all !
Kim 🤎