Petekey Highschool AU

I love this ship so much it's not even funny.  Also enjoy the random picture that I just realized I have saved lol

For years, Mikey had always felt... overshadowed.

I mean, if your older brother was a glamorous star, known throughout the whole school as a popular diva, why WOULDN'T you? People would always come up to Mikey, but never for him -- they were always saying things like "Hey! Are you Gerard's brother? He's so cool!" or "Hey! Your brother is my inspiration!".  They never asked about Mikey's talents... such as his skill with a bass guitar.

But that was okay.  He was used to it by now.

Mikey knew that Gerard never MEANT to overshadow him, but he couldn't help it.  From the start, Gerard had always been more outgoing than Mikey ever had, and had gained a large following.  Even the few people who disliked his "gayness" couldn't help but admire him to a degree.

It was useless to think about that -- what was done, was done.  Snapping out of his negative thoughts with a shake of his head, Mikey put on his headphones, turning on his music player.  Smashing Pumpkins? Awesome.  He sat back, easing into the tunes.  At least that was one thing he and Gerard still had in common -- they both loved rock music.  Especially the Pumpkins.

The bus ride was long and cramped, with some kids even running up and down the aisle.  Mikey had always wondered why the bus drivers never did anything to stop them, but hey, at least it wasn't really hurting anyone.  The only ones who would get hurt were those kids, if the bus were to ever crash. 

Wow, that was an unnecessarily dark thought, Mikey's brain said.

Eventually, the bus reached their high school.  Mikey hopped off, following a few other kids, before parting from the crowd and entering the school alone.  Of course, once he got inside, he saw the very thing he didn't want to.

Gerard, surrounded by a crowd of his "fans".

Today, his older brother was decked out in a white leather jacket, black tank top, and ripped skinny jeans.  In addition, a pink feather boa was wrapped around his neck.  He usually wore something along those lines every day, since their school didn't have a dress code (except, of course, dress fairly modestly -- not too much skin showing).

"Oh my God, Gerard!" someone shouted.  "You look so FAB!!"

"Thank you, Christine," Gerard replied.  Clearly this girl was a returning fan of him, if Gerard knew her name.  Some kids were fiercely loyal to Gerard, while others simply gave him a passing glance and moved on.  There was even a fan name for those who were loyal to Gerard -- Killjoys.  Whatever the heck it meant, Mikey couldn't tell.

Mikey retrieved his books from his locker, heading to his first class -- Science.  He headed down the hall a little ways until he reached Room 203, then sat down at his desk.  The teacher was named Mr. Anderson, he seemed nice enough.  Today's lecture -- the anatomy of a squirrel.

However, during the middle of the presentation, Mr. Anderson received an unpleasant gift -- a crumpled-up piece of paper to the face. 

"Mr. Wentz..." Mr. Anderson sighed, staring down at the paper that had landed on his desk.  "This is your third warning.  Do you want detention?"

"Hah, sorry, sir," a boy nearby Mikey's desk said leisurely.  He had a dark emo fringe and wore a gray hoodie, with the hood over his head.  Thick black eyeliner was messily smudged around his brown eyes.  Despite his ragtag appearance, something about him instantly caught Mikey's eye.

Mr. Anderson sighed.  "It's fine, just... don't do it again, or you'll get detention.  That was the last warning."  Mikey knew it wouldn't be -- Mr. Anderson was one of the nicest teachers; he'd rarely ever sent someone to detention.  After that, class continued as normal.