The Ghost

"Dall, did you drink my coffee?" Brendon asked, glaring at his ex-bandmate suspiciously.

"What? No, I don't even drink that stuff," Dallon replied, nibbling on a croissant.  The two were in the kitchen, Brendon behind the counter and Dallon at the bar.

"Huh... that's weird.  Gerard?"

"Not me," Gerard replied, although he was sipping on a mug of the liquid.  "You drink yours with cream, and all I drink is black.  Like my soul," he grinned, walking off.

"Alright then..." Brendon sighed in annoyance.  "Guess I'll just make a new cup." He poured the grinds into the machine, along with a cup of hot water.  Once his coffee was brewed, Brendon poured a dash of creamer in and went to take a sip.  As he did, however, the coffee spilled all over him.

"Oww!" Brendon yelled, annoyed. 

"Don't drink it too fast, then," Dallon advised, even though Brendon had been pouring the drink normally.

Suddenly, they heard something that sounded like laughter.  Really close.

Both musicians froze.  "What was that?" Brendon asked, immediately on guard.

"I-I dunno," Dallon grinned uneasily.  "Maybe a... ghost?"

"Nonsense, there's no ghost," Brendon shook his head.  Suddenly, the singer toppled to the floor as the carpet was pulled from underneath his feet.  "Whoa!"

More ghostly laughter echoed through the kitchen.

"Yeah, that's a ghost," Dallon said.  He turned tail, and with a high pitched scream, bolted out of the kitchen.  "CALL THE GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!"

Brendon stood up, dusting himself off.  His eyes narrowed in rage.  "Alright, Mr. Ghost! This isn't funny! Why me, of all the Quartetians?"

"Because you're a jerk," a disembodied voice responded.  Brendon jumped.  He hadn't expected the ghost to actually answer.

"Well-" Brendon was interrupted as Dallon burst back into the kitchen, phone in hand.  "I HAVE THE GHOSTBUSTERS ON CALL RIGHT NOW!" he shouted at the air.  "GO AWAY OR THEY'LL COME ZAP YOU!"

The ghost laughed.  "You really think they can stop me? They don't even exis-"

BANG! The front door was thrown open, quite possibly shattering the vase on the table near it.  Four very short figures in tan colored suits criss-crossed with yellow tape entered, holding long tubes.  Brendon and Dallon gawked at them.  "Fall Out Boy? What are-"

"FBI OPEN UP!" Joe shouted.

"That's not our slogan, we're the Ghostbusters!" Patrick sighed, shaking his head.  "This group needs work."

"Who ya gonna call? US!" Pete grinned. "Now where's that ghost?!"

Brendon and Dallon pointed to the kitchen, and the Fall Out Boys didn't hesitate.  Patrick pulled out a scanning device and searched for the ghost.  "There!" Patrick grabbed his weapon and zapped the ghost, who flinched back.

"You guys are serious?! AAAAH, that hurts! Stop, stop!" the ghost pleaded, as Andy, Joe, and Pete added their zappers to Patrick's.

"Wait wait wait!" Pete gasped, switching his weapon off.  "I recognize him!"

As the ghost materialized in the air, Brendon and Dallon realized who it was.  Medium length brown hair, glasses, and a cute gray beanie -- it was...

"Mikey?!" the group asked in unison.

"Yeah... one of his eras, anyways," the ghost, Mikey, said.  "I just so happen to be Revenge era.  You know, cause of 'The Ghost of You'..."

"There's different eras of us?" Brendon asked.

"Yeah," ghost-Mikey replied.  "Your 'Fever' era... I've met him, and he's quite, erm... eccentric."

"I WAS a little weird back then," Brendon admitted with a slight blush.

"Just a little?" Ryan R. asked skeptically.

"Hey, you're not much better.  Calmer, perhaps, but still weird," ghost-Mikey admonished, causing Ryan to look down in shame.

"Did you ever find your coffee?" Gerard asked, walking into the kitchen.  He stopped as his eyes landed on Fall Out Boy, dressed as the Ghostbusters, and on the hazy humanoid figure sitting on the counter.  "I-is that..." Gerard gasped.

"Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge," ghost-Mikey smiled.

"MIKEY! You-" Gerard broke off, realizing two things.  "Well, you're not really 'alive'... you're a ghost.  But then, you are alive, because my brother..." The singer clutched his head, confused by having two different versions of Mikey in the same timeline.

"It's a little confusing, I know," ghost-Mikey nodded.  "Which is why I should be taking my leave.  You all spoiled my fun, anyways," he grinned to show that he forgave them for hurting him.

"Aww, we didn't even get to use these!" Joe complained, holding up his Ghostbusters zapper.

Brendon, Dallon, Gerard, and the Fall Out Boys watched ghost-Mikey sink into the kitchen counter.  Once he'd fully disappeared, Brendon sighed in relief.  "Well, THAT'S over."

Just then, Ray walked in on them.  "Hey, has anyone seen Mikey around?"