Tykey, Part 2

The last time we saw Tyler and Josh, in this instance anyway, they were chasing after Mikey.  Blurryface/Nico had taken over the bassist's body and run off with him, out the back door.   

Tyler and Josh rushed outside.  "Where did he go?!" Tyler asked, his gaze traveling around their back yard.

"It's a bit risky, but... maybe the forest?" Josh suggested.  The two of them had been in the forest before, and it had ended as well as the time that they'd nearly burned their tree house down in the front yard.  So, not very well. 

"We have to.  For Mikey," Tyler decided.  Quickly, he added, "Cause, ya know, Gerard would kill us if his brother ended up dead." He turned to the forest, and, summoning up some courage, he shouted, "Don't worry, Mikey! We got people on the way! We want you home in one piece, now!" Emboldened, Tyler marched into the woods, followed closely by Josh.

After only a few minutes, however, Tyler and Josh realized they'd forgotten something. 

"Drat! We should've brought a pocketknife," Tyler grumbled as he and Josh waded through the undergrowth.  It was thick from lack of human control.  How far did Nico get, I wonder? Tyler thought.  Considering that he probably wasn't being as careful with Mikey's body as we are with ours, a lot farther.

Eventually, Tyler and Josh reached a clearing.  The friends examined their bodies for cuts and scrapes, finding a few minor ones from stumbling through thorny bushes.

"NICO! NICOLAS BOURBAKI!" Tyler shouted angrily.  "GET YOUR DEPRESSING A... BUTT OUT HERE!!"

A voice from above chuckled down at them.  Tyler and Josh looked up to see Nico/Mikey, sitting on a tree branch somewhat above them.  He looked a lot worse than they did -- Tyler's assumption about Nico's care for his new body had been correct, as Mikey had several small cuts on his arms and legs, even his face, and a significantly larger cut that tore the bottom of his shirt.  Tyler narrowed his eyes in annoyance.  How could Nico be so cruel?!

"Get down from there!" Tyler growled.

"Alright," Nico said.  Geez, it's still so weird to hear him talk in Mikey's voice, Tyler thought.  He and Josh watched as Nico hopped down from the branch.  As he hit the ground, Nico/Mikey stumbled a bit, falling to the leaf-strewn floor.  After a second, he stood up, favoring his left leg.  "Hmm.  A twisted ankle.  Unfortunate," Nico shrugged.

"Stop hurting him on purpose!" Josh said.

"You were the ones who told me to come down, so I did," Nico said casually.  "What do you two want? Haven't you thwarted my plans enough?"

"What are you 'planning' to do with Mikey?" Josh asked.

"What I did with you two.  Take him back to DEMA," Nico replied.

"Oh no! We are NOT going back to DEMA," Tyler snapped.  He and Josh had only just recently made it out, before moving on to their new era, Scaled and Icy.  He didn't want to go back, not when they'd spent almost 3 years trapped there.

"Who said you two had to go with me? My time with you is clearly up," Nico said.  "So long, Tyler and Josh." Before they could react, Nico sprinted away.  Normally, the spirit wouldn't have been able to do so, as his physical form was somewhat elderly, but while he possessed Mikey's body, he was a lot more able.

"Ugh! Get BACK here!" Tyler groaned, chasing after him with Josh on his heels.

"Hey! This is giving me deja vu!" Josh called up to him.

"I think it's actually irony, Josh!" Tyler yelled back.  "Cause now I'M chasing Nico instead of him me!"

"Except without the horse," Josh pointed out.