Chapter 16, Demented Day

"This will all become clear," she declared with an assurance that suggested she expected me to succumb to the narrative she was weaving.(naive) "Your journey began months ago, unfortunately without a guide. You must listen, understand, and conquer. I am honored to be your mentor for the time that remains."My response to her extensive discourse was direct and straightforward. "Oh, cut it. I want to go home."Acknowledging the overwhelming information she had shared, she added, "I know it's a lot, but you don't need to take it all in at once. Try to put the pieces together one by one. It will be a clearer path." Her attempt at reassurance only fueled my desire to escape the perplexing situation.

"Okay, I get you, lady," I replied dismissively, seeking reprieve. "I'll think about it, but could you please help me go home? For now." I politely requested her assistance(it's the least i could do, she didn't harm me, if anything she took my mind off of things happening back home, well there is still a little possibility that i had been watching a dream, really vivid dream), and she led me back to that mysterious corridor with the lights and doors. She instructed someone to cover my ears and eyes. "I am about to be a queen here, and you do not trust me with an exit gate? Wow!" my brain remarked (not again! how can one's thoughts be announced in a place so loud and the real words coming out of the mouth has no sound what so ever).

"It's for your protection, princess," she thought. After a few seconds, I felt light, and my blindfold disappeared on its own. I found myself back at the mansion in my room, falling onto my bed once again. It marked the third time I fell.

At the next sunrise, I discovered I had been witnessing a dream, a nightmare, to be precise. The calendar still read 14th August, Adam's Birthday. Despite the unsettling experience, I chose not to dwell on it, as there was much work to be done. After a quick bath, I headed for breakfast, but my brothers were nowhere to be found. Seeking help resulted in pin-drop silence, an unusual occurrence when assistance was most needed as i had a party to plan.Left to fend for myself, I prepared breakfast and drove to college. (Thinking caterers and decorators were instructed well) However, my singular focus was on meeting Adam and wishing him a Happy Birthday. Upon arriving at college, my search for him led to peculiar stares from others. My quest for Samaira and Aadhya proved futile, and after checking every floor, the terrace remained the only unexplored space.Reluctantly ascending, I felt a growing unease with each step. The once-sanctuary of the terrace now emitted an ominous aura, marked by traces of marijuana and other smoke residues. As I desperately sought my brothers and friends, the crowd below erupted into chaos, convinced that I was contemplating jumping."Don't jump!" echoed through the air as my brothers appeared, rushing towards me with concern. Their embrace, the first since our mother's passing, conveyed their genuine worry. Despite their occasional annoyance, my brothers proved to be an unwavering support system."Are you okay?" Ruhaan inquired."Yami, please don't do this." almost sobbing harsh pleaded. "For 20 days, we didn't let you out of our sight, and now when we did, you tried it again," He continued, his voice filled with both concern and emotion. "We are sorry that we moved from your room. but i swear but it was just for some time"Baffled by their words, I explained my day, emphasizing that I had left my bed, eaten, and driven to college. The inconsistencies in their responses intensified my confusion."Why shouldn't I be here? This is college, it's morning, and our classes are about to start," I insisted.Harsh's next question only deepened the mystery. "Yam, what date is it?""C'mon guys, it's 14 August, it's Adam's Birthday," I replied confidently."Yam, it is 4th September, and you were missing for 2 days. We found you unconscious on the side of the road" Ruhaan clarified.(what? 20? really?  how ? how could...20 days)Reality hit me like a ton of bricks. "What the hell?" I exclaimed, grappling with the shock of losing 20 days. "You haven't spoken a word since, and now you are here to take classes?"Confused and disoriented, I struggled to make sense of the fragmented timeline. Had it all been a dream, or did I truly experience the events with Samaira, Adam, and the mysterious palace? ( I know it was dumb, it all started to come to me)The mirror, the intricate carvings, and the dining table that produced food—all merged into a chaotic whirlwind of thoughts.The mantra that everything happens for a reason seemed to crumble, leaving me in the shadows, devoid of answers or solace.