Chapter 25 - Planning

"Why am I present?" Creatin asked in a tone of mild disgust, once the door of the Chrysanthemum room finally opened.

"The councilors put you in charge of my personal affairs." Freddrick reminded him softley, "So, obviously you are here to act as my chaperone."

The guard looked at the pair that walked in and rephrased his question, "Why am I actually here?"

"The ladies believe they may have something. Any new information could prove to be useful to us."

Creatin struggled to not roll his eyes. He mumbled something about the absurdity of two women figuring out anything before him.

Fredderick lost interest in Creatin's sour mood the second Gwen smiled at him. It wasn't carefully calculated, or suppressed. It was a smile that betrayed the emotions she'd been taught to hide. He was elated by her smile.

"Thank you for taking the time to see me." She praised.

He motioned for her to sit and she obliged. Fredderick took a moment to look at her properly. She had worn her hair down, not completely, but he could still appreciate the honey colored locks that waved behind her. Her gown was technically an appropriate style for Rramnon royalty, but the pastel green color gave her a softness, that would seem foreign to those accustomed to her more stoic facade.

He thought back to his first impression of her during the First's welcoming ceremony, and how utterly wrong he had been.

She hadn't completely dropped her guard, but he didn't fault her for that. In a way, he supposed, her mask had been a type of armor for her. It'd be ridiculous to think she'd strip it all away.

"I must apologize, for keeping you in a state of suspense for such a prolonged period to time."

"Your Majesty," she began, holding up a hand when he went to object, "as I must address you now that your coronation has commenced," he motioned for her to continue, "I shall skip the rest of the formalities. Yesterday I received a letter. I believe it will be quiet beneficial," at this she looked up at Creatin,"for you to confiscate it from my person."

The guard cocked an eyebrow towards her general direction. "Is this the letter your received from your father?"

"You are aware of it?" Mryah blurted

"Of course I'm aware of it." He snapped, "It's contents however, I have yet to-."

Mryah laughed, "So you have no idea what it says?"

"I can guess it's contents."

"Please." Fredderick chided, throwing his hands up in frustration. "Now is not the time. If the four of us can not work together then we'll have no chance at whatever is coming our way."

"Forgive me," Mryah stated, glaring at the member of Three. "But, I am unable to trust someone who's appearance reminds me of a rodent."

Creatin shot up, "The insolence-"