Chapter 5 - The Diner

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Blue Monday '88 by New Order❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

I looked through my closet trying to find a cute outfit for tonight. My father wanted to show us what he's been working on at the diner place. It's been open since 1979. I wanted to be more distant from Michael tonight. Maybe then he would open up to me. I pulled out a couple of clothing and placed it all together. I wore dark blue mom jeans with a dull striped colored sweatshirt. Perfect.

I slipped into the outfit and combed out my hair making sure it looked decent enough. "Y/n are you ready?!" I hear my mom call out from the hallway "Yeah!" I shouted back finishing up the last touches. I take a hold of  my bag and swing it over my shoulder, heading out the door. "Come on slow pants!" Gregory shouted making his way out the door following dad. I rolled my eyes playfully putting on my oxfords.

We all headed inside the car. I sat in the backseats with Gregory. Mom sat in the passenger seat and Dad in the drivers seat. He placed the key in the ignition and I grabbed my headphones and cassette tape and stared playing Jessie's Girl by Rick Springfield.

The car ride was mostly filed with conversations between my father and mother about work. Gregory and I looked at the window waiting for the big neon sign my dad mentioned early. It took us 15 minutes and a few stop signs to arrive at the restaurant. The yellow and purple neon sign read Fredbear's Family Diner. I looked through the black tinted windows to see children eating pizza and playing in arcade games.

My dad parked the car in a parking spot that read 'Employees Only' . "Alright kids" he took the key out of the ignition and the engine stopped. We all turned our gaze over him and I took out my headphones and placed them back in the car pocket. "No touching the animatronics, got it?" we both nodded in agreement as we unbuckled our seat belts and made our way out of the car.

We followed behind my mother and father inside the restaurant. It all had vibrant colors. A Jukebox was in a corner as well as a small stage that fit the two animatronics perfectly. Children sat near the stage admiring the animatronic's movement and singing. It brought joy to their hearts and eyes. I looked around seeing families in tables eating pizza's. There was 2 arcade room's. I assume Michael must be in one of them. I should be in the one where he isn't at. "William!" my dad shouted. I snapped out of my thoughts and turned back to the two men side hugging and patting each other's back's. "It's good to see you and your family well d/n" the adults chuckled.

Mom turned to me pulling out 2 20 dollar bills. "Here you guys share and spend it on whatever you want" she handed it to me and Gregory and we turned to look at each other with happiness in our eyes. We quickly rushed over our own ways. He rushed in one of the arcade rooms as I made my way to the food counter. Unfortunately, an aggravating teen was working there. "Hello, can I get a f/f [fav flavor] slushy and one slice of f/p please?" I smiled as she rolled her eyes and clicked her tongue. "Your total is $12" I handed her the $20 as she gave me back $8. She went back to the kitchen pulling out a slice of f/p and the icy drink. she placed it on the counter and I grabbed it and thanked her.

I made my way into one of the bar stools and placed my food down. I took rather big bites of the slice from the hunger I had. "Hey y/n!" Elizabeth hopped onto the bar stool across from me "Hey liz" I smiled at her. Her outfit was really cute and fashionable today. She wore a rainbow striped shirt with dark blue jean overalls along with a burgundy
cardigan and her white sneakers. "I love your outfit today" "thank you" she showed her cute gummy smile. "Could I try?" she pointed at my slushy "Help yourself" I handed it to her finishing the crust of my pizza and dusting my hands. I wiped my mouth with a napkin and hopped off the stool placing the paper plate and napkin in the garbage.

That's when I heard Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper play on the jukebox. Elizabeth ran up to me with the slushy in her hand "Come on let's dance!" she dragged me to a dance floor that lit up with a variety of colors. A disco ball hanged right below us. We both began showing off our groovy moves as the children eyed us thinking we were crazy.

We didn't care though. All that mattered was right now.

After the song ended, Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar began playing. Me and Elizabeth made our way back to find a seat, exhausted from dancing. "Let's play at the arcade!" she hoped of her seat and grabbed my hand dragging me into one of the arcade rooms. The room wasn't swarmed by children at all. It was mostly teenagers beating high scores. I went over to the token machine and placed in the last of my $8, in which it gave me 80 tokens. I took the tokens out of the dispenser and made my way through the room. I looked around trying to find one interesting enough.

Pac- man was the only one that wasn't being used. I inserted two tokens and began playing the game. After losing, I groaned and looked over to see Michael playing some zombie killing game. I should leave.

Michael's POV

I hear a groan and in the corner of my eye, I knew exactly who that was just from their hair color. Y/n was here.. Now she's going to ruin this place, what's next? She's going to work here?! I ended up getting killed by zombies as I was distracted by my thoughts being filled with y/n. I look over and notice her leaving the arcade. Didn't even bother to say hi to me? How rude. I scoffed inserting back 4 tokens and going back to my game.

More zombies came as I rapidly clicked the buttons. I was almost there. Almost losing to that high score. I felt a tug on my shirt "What?" I didn't turn my attention away from the screen. "Mikey I need-" "Go away Evan" I shoo him off and he continues to tug my shirt making me lose. "God damn it Evan! What did I fooking say?!" I realized I let my british accent out on that swear word. How embarrassing for me. "I-i-i'm sorry i just-" "Get out of here!" I showed him off and he left with tears in his eyes. How pathetic. He's old enough to not cry anymore.

I reached in my pocket realizing I had no more tokens left. I sighed and left the arcade room, spotting y/n drinking a slushy with Elizabeth. Of course she was with her. What a loser. Hanging out with younger kids. Pathetic. I looked around seeing our parents talking with each other and other families began leaving as the restaurant was already near closing.

"Hey mike" I see Gregory walk past by me and give me a small wave. "Hey" I watched him go with the adults. I sat on the opposite side of the room where Y/n and Liz were. I felt bummed out. She was always hanging around with me and now she's hanging out with my sister with their "girl talk". It annoyed me so much. Why isn't she hanging out with me? I'm around her age. Maybe she hates me because of what I did. I should apologize. Wait. Why would I apologize to someone like her? She's so bossy and... I looked over at her seeing her smile brightly at Elizabeth's dumb jokes. I rested my head on my hand looking over at them.

She is kinda cute.

❦•❦