Chapter 22 - Eternity [pt 2]

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Last Nite - The Strokes ❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

That sentence made my heart drop to my stomach. My eyes widen with fear, my stomach turned. I couldn't believe what I had just heard. Yet it all made sense. He always had this weird look in his eyes that brought discomfort. Could it be that he killed Gregory? I stayed silent not knowing what to say, "Say something..." he mumbled out "i-i'm speechless..."

"You can't tell anyone promise me please.." he pleaded "But Michael your father-" "Please.. y/n.. he threatened me.. he" he hiccupped as he tried holding back tears but it was no use. They streamed down his face. My heart felt like it broke to millions of pieces. I cupped his hands and brushed off any tears from his cheek "I won't I promise.."

Our foreheads leaned against each other as the cold wind made me shiver. Dark clouds began forming in the sky covering every star in sight. He sobbed quietly, a few tears managed to stream down my face. Just seeing him this way. Seeing what he has to go through.. "Thank you for telling me" I caressed his cheek. He held his head down "I still love you" he held me tightly and closer to him. He buried his head in the crook of my neck. "Please don't leave me" he whispered "I won't I promise" I rubbed his back, in circles and traced hearts to bring comfort to him.

This only brought me to question and think more. Could he have killed Gregory? How does he really treat his own children? Did he kill the children at the pizzeria? So many thoughts ran through my mind, I needed to ask "Did.. did he kill Gregory?"

He tensed up and his grip tighten around me "h-he did.." this only brought pain and sorrow over the two of us. Going through something that wasn't our fault. We weren't suppose to experience this at such a young age. We are only kids.

I gulped down hard. I bit my lip in vexation. Both sorrow and anger filled my body, but I had to comfort Michael. The same way he's always done for me. Not out of pity and not for the sake of 'returning the favor'

I truly love him.

"We'll get through this together okay?" I reassured him "We both are strong and we'll make it through anything" I said in a positive tone as my fingers intertwined with the strands of his fluffy hair. "I know that wasn't easy for you to say, I appreciate it" I pulled his face so he could look at me. His eyes were puffy and red "T-thank you" his voice was a bit shaken. His eyes were filled with fear and sorrow. "He won't find out okay? I'll make sure of it" he simply nodded and kissed me. I returned the kiss and we pulled away.

We cuddled with each other for a few moments til we felt a few droplets of water fall on us. I looked up and it began raining "Oh shit" me and Michael got up as it began raining harder, "Here" he took off his jacket and pulled it over us as we ran back to my house.