Chapter 39 - Pizza Planet

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝ Lovesong - The Cure ❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 0:00 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 0:00

Now Playing:
❝ Lovesong - The Cure ❞
[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
0:00 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 0:00

❦•❦

1979

"Okay Miss Afton. Your test results came back"

The doctor walked in the room, holding a clipboard in his hands. He seemed stiff yet formal. Clara was sitting on the examination table, eagerly awaiting the news of her recent lab work. She felt a piercing coldness go through her body. Goosebumps formed over her upper arms. She gripped onto the linen fabric of her floral summer dress.

"Unfortunately, you have been diagnosed with a terminal illness" he pursed his lips. She gulped down hard, releasing the grip on her dress. She looked down at her black flats. Tears formed in the corner of her eyes. Her heart sank. She felt petrified. Her mouth hung agape, keeping her sobs inside. She nodded her head and sniffed.

"William.. I have something to tell you"

Clara and William were now sitting at their living room on the softa, while the kids were at school. "What is it dear?" he smiled, holding her hands. "I.." tears prickled at the edge of her eyes. William felt his heart drop when he saw the pained expression on her face.

"I.. I'm not going to live long" she muttered. William didn't hesitate to hold her in his arms. He held her tightly. He wanted to grow old with her, watch their children grow together. He wanted the best out of this life with the love of his life. His high school sweetheart. His lover. Memories of them flashed through his head as they both continued to sob in each other's arms.

-

The smell of marker lingered through your surroundings. You flickered your eyes open hearing Lizzy and Sammy's giggle. Your eyes began to focus when you overlooked them and they bursted out laughing "What did you guys do" you mumbled, getting up slowly and steady as you were still not fully awake. You looked in the mirror seeing a mustache drawn on your face and other doodles. You sighed in frustration and glanced over at them "Alright you two, go get ready for breakfast" you shooed them off.

They happily skipped down the staircase constantly giggling. You groaned and walked into the bathroom, grabbing a towel and damping it with water. After you began scrubbing your face, in hopes it would come off. Michael walked in, his eyes widening at the sight of the mess the kids had made "Woah what happened to you" he smiled softly letting out a chuckle and walked around you, grabbing his tooth brush. You huffed, finally removing the black marker smudged over your face.