Chapter 13 - Birthday Boy

❦•❦

Now Playing: ❝Enjoy the Silence - Depeche Mode❞ [▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳] 1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

[▶︎/❙❙/◼︎/⟳]
1:28 ⸠——❍—————⸡ 3:47

❦•❦

      The sunrise glistened throughout the house as I walked around preparing everything for my little brother. I wanted everything to go perfect for him. After all he's turning 10 so this  a big deal for him. I woke up extra early to get done with everything I needed to before heading back to the diner.  The house was decorated with colorful balloons, ribbons, and a happy birthday banner in the dining room. Yes we were celebrating his birthday at the diner, but I wanted him to have a good morning. I placed his gift inside a gift bag that was designed with dinosaurs and covered it with colorful tissue paper sticking out of the gift bag. I set the gift back on the kitchen counter as the beeping sound came from the oven signaling that the cupcakes were finished.

I grabbed a mitten and placed it over my hand and took out the cupcakes. I placed them on the counter and waited for them to cool off. I should get ready now. I took off the mitten looking at the time. 9:34 AM. They should wake up any minute now. I rushed upstairs to my room and grabbed the folded clothes I had prepared last night.

I wore a white tank top with denim flare jeans and my white reebok shoes. Sure it was pretty simple but it's not like I was going out to a club or something. It was just a kids party. I walked to the bathroom and fixed my hair decently and added jewelry. I looked at myself once more making sure I didn't look bad. I did one last twirl before leaving the bathroom. My dad stumbled in the bathroom yawning and scratching his back. I rolled my eyes playfully heading back downstairs to put blue frosting on the cupcakes. Once I was finished I headed back upstairs and I knocked on Gregory's door waiting for him to respond. "Come in" I heard his sleepy voice reply. I turn the door knob as I was greeted by smell of dad's cologne. Gregory had a blue polo shirt with denim jeans and red velcro strap sneakers. "Happy birthday to the bestest brother ever!" I opened my arms and he rushed over as we gave each other an embrace.

"Thank you sis" he smiled and pulled away "Come on let's go get breakfast" he nodded his head as we held hands and went downstairs. His face lit up with happiness seeing the birthday decorations all over. "Did.. did you do all of this" he spun around trying to admire everything in one single gaze "All for you greg" I smiled placing a kiss on his forehead and ruffled his hair a bit. "Hey! i've spent hours on this" he chuckled fixing his bangs again. "Cupcakes for breakfast?" I walked over to the cupcake pan and handed him one.

"Yesss!" he was definitely going to have a sugar rush tonight. I took a cupcake myself feeling the sweet treat bring happiness in my heart. My parents came downstairs and once they noticed us devouring the cupcake their faces were in complete shock. "Y/n! Gregory! What did I say about sweets at this hour?!" our mom scolded us as she placed her hands on her hips.