Extra 7: Scandal

Extra: Scandal
Cheng Xia won Best Supporting Actor and became a popular actor in the circle. Countless crews threw an olive branch at Cheng Xia and even offered sky-high prices for Cheng Xia to act as the star. The directors in the circle had a very high evaluation of Cheng Xia’s acting skills and investors found that as long as Cheng Xia acted in a drama, there was a high probability it would explode.

To everyone’s surprise, his agent Zhou Yan turned down all contracts. She didn’t waver even if the crew offered tens of millions in payment. The reason for the rejection was unified. “Thank you for your appreciation of Cheng Xia. Unfortunately, Cheng Xia’s schedule for this year is booked. I hope we have the opportunity to cooperate again in the future.

This wasn’t an excuse made by Zhou Yan but the truth. President Pei had already made arrangements for Cheng Xia’s next work. The preliminary preparations for the establishment of Tianxuan Movies had been completed. The first movie to test the waters was a thrilling suspense movie. It invited countless big names in the circle. The director was Director Zhu and Cheng Xia acted as a reporter in the movie.

This movie was still produced by Pei Shaoze and he brought Pei Shaoyan with him to learn.

Just after the awards ceremony, gossip spread in the circle. “Cheng Xia has taken another suspense role. This time it’s a movie.”

Many people expressed their doubts. “He’s doing well in TV dramas. He won’t go to movies so soon, right?”

“He just won Best Supporting Actor in a TV series. Can he adapt to switching to movies?”

TV dramas and movies were all part of the same field but there was a big difference between them. Many TV stars who were good in dramas were a mess when making movies. Netizens felt that Cheng Xia had such a good development in TV dramas. There was no need to rush to the movie industry.

Then the moment the publicity for the movie ‘The Witness’ was released, all netizens felt hit in the face. Their faces hurt. Cheng Xia never played according to the usual cards.

Pei Shaoze’s suspense movie was his first foray into the movie industry. Since it was created by the original crew of Disappearing Traces, Director Zhu and his screenwriter teamed up again for a more compact and exciting plot than the online drama.

The shooting and production of this movie were very smooth. Pei Shaoze contacted the theaters ahead of it and set it for the Spring Festival released in February.

The Spring Festival was the most competitive time for movies. Family movies, animation, and big IPs were all squeezed together. A suspense movie released in such a festive time wasn’t really appealing. However, the overall performance of the Spring Festival was excellent, driving the box office up. In addition, the score of ‘The Witness’ kept becoming higher. It finally won third place among the Spring Festival releases.

First was a family movie and second was a comedy. The fact that the suspense drama could take third in the Spring Festival period is very impressive, not to mention that it was President Pei’s first foray into the movie industry. The final box office was as high as 1.2 billion.

Netizens were surprised to find that Cheng Xia, who excelled in TV dramas, could even hold the box office when he went to make movies!

The giant screen at the theaters would enlarge the flaws of the actors’ facial features infinitely. Cheng Xia’s features on the giant screen were still exquisite and handsome and his facial expression management and gaze transitions were also outstanding. After the trial movie, it could be said that Cheng Xia’s acting path had completely opened.

At the age of 21, Cheng Xia was nominated for Best Supporting Actor in the movie circle.

At the age of 22, Cheng Xia won the Golden Antelope award for Best Supporting Actor in the movie industry.