46

Chapter 46
After dinner, everyone went back to the hotel. Pei Shaoyan asked the leading actors Cheng Xia and Ye Mingqian to add him as a friend. He was President Pei’s personal assistant and President Pei took him everywhere. It was enough to see they had a close relationship. If he took the initiative to make WeChat friends then everyone would naturally give him face.

Cheng Xia added him and changed his note to ‘Xiao Yan.’ Then he clicked on the Moments to take a look. All the previous Moments were deleted. The recent ones were ‘working in the hotel [photo]’, ‘the work arranged by the boss has been 30% completed [Jiayou.JPG]’ and ‘Business trip to Ya’an to the boss [photo]’.

The Moments made him look like a positive, conscientious and good assistant.

Pei Shaoyan actually sent it on purpose so his brother and parents would see. After seeing it, Cheng Xia couldn’t help feeling good about Xiao Yan. This little assistant was very diligent. Not only did he serve tea and pour water, but he also worked so hard. No wonder why he could follow President Pei. President Pei’s high demands meant the assistant would be fired if he didn’t have any skills. Cheng Xia thought, ‘This Xiao Yan should be a top student in a key university. Is this why he is employed by President Pei when he is so young?’

The meal ended and everyone took the elevator back to their room. The stars all lived on the 16th floor while Pei Shaoze lived on the 20th floor. Once the elevator reached the 16th floor, Cheng Xia went out with his agent. He turned around and said with a smile, “Goodbye President Pei.” The others also said goodbye to Pei Shaoze.

Pei Shaoze hummed. “The shooting will start tomorrow. Everyone should go back and rest early.”

The elevator door closed. Pei Shaoyan sighed before speaking in a sour tone. “Oh, it’s so miserable to be single. No one will peel crabs for me…”

Pei Shaoze raised his eyebrow and looked at this person. “What are you talking about?”

“During the Spring Festival, Grandfather urged you to find someone and Mom said she would introduce you to a suitable omega. I thought you were making up an excuse to deceive them when you said you have an omega you like. I didn’t expect it to be true!” Pei Shaoyan moved closer in a mysterious manner. “Brother, I understand that you don’t want everyone to know about your relationship with Cheng Xia. You’re afraid that others will look at him differently. This is a type of protection for him, right?”

Pei Shaoze, “……”

A lie always led to more lies. Qin Yu misunderstood and he didn’t explain. His younger brother misunderstood and he didn’t want to explain. His younger brother couldn’t control his mouth at all. If Pei Shaoze made it clear that he didn’t have that type of relationship with Cheng Xia, his parents and grandparents would all know about it within three days and start to arrange blind dates for him again. It was best to let his younger brother continue to misunderstand.

Pei Shaoze told him indifferently, “Since you understand, say less words and don’t be seen by others.”

Pei Shaoyan made an ‘I understand’ expression before smiling. “Don’t worry. I will help keep it a secret for you! In fact, I also think the two of you are well-matched. Today, he took the initiative to help you peel crabs. Such an omega is really sweet. When do you plan to take him back to see our parents?”

“I have an idea in my heart.” Pei Shaoze looked calm. “If you have time to worry about my personal affairs, it is better to do your work first.”

Pei Shaoyan’s expression collapsed. “Yes, I know…”

Back in his hotel room, Cheng Xia sat on the bed and took the initiative to video call his father to let his parents look at the environment of the room. “Dad, Mom, I have arrived at the hotel in Ya’an. This time, I am filming in Ya’an and it will take around two months until I go back to Rong City.”