Ch. 9

3rd pov

(y/n) and law walked back to the sub as the two talked about what she have learned.

'I have learned how to stop myself from any personal choices, I'd rather have someone else happy than my own'

"so you're will to throw away your own happiness for someone else?" law asked as (y/n) nodded

"you aren't selfish... Having your own happiness isn't selfish... Though" law sighed.

They finally arrived at the seemingly empty sub

"where's everyone?" law asked

'let's check the gallery, that's where most of them will be at this time of day'

"you're right... Let's check there..." law hummed suspiciously

Law opened the door to the gallery only to have confetti pop in his face and everyone yelling 'happy birthday captain' to him.

"what..." law was beyond confused

"you thought we forgot? Captain?" shachi giggled as ikkaku hummed.

"come on captain! Blow out the candles in your cake" ikkaku said as she presented him a beautiful cake.

His favorite, cheesecake...

How did they know? It wasn't very much evident, well... At least it isn't for (y/n).

....

"what cake should we make? He hates bread.." ikkaku mumbled.

'captain likes cheesecake' (y/n) wrote and stuck on the fridge before leaving

"how does she know?"

....

Law blew out the candles and looked behind him if (y/n) was still there, she wasn't.

"come on captain! Let's celebrate!"

Later...

It's now 11 in the evening and law walked back to his room, slightly drunk.

'but, where is she though? Probably already asleep' law sighed.

Law opened the door to his room only to him when he saw a gift box on his bed.

He closed and locked the door behind him before walking inside his bathroom to clean himself up and prepare for bed

After doing so, he sat on his bed with his back against the head board and the box on his lap

"what is this...?" law muttered as he opened it and had a note on it.

'happy birthday, captain...
-(y/n)'

It was written in a beautiful way that he kept it.

He decided to open it all up and it was a jacket with a very thick fur and had the crew's logo at the back, his favorite color, yellow.

(the one he wore at stampede)

Law hummed and actually like it.

He felt himself smile softly and laid back in his bed.

'best birthday I've had...' law sighed softly.

Another time skip for about a few more months.

They were at an island as (y/n) stayed in the sub as a guard, they knew she just wanted alone time so they let her...

The crew then found something close to the place they set their camp at, the island was fairly large so the docks were three good miles away.

Shachi and penguin found a strangely glowing cave.