Ch. 5

3rd pov

"emotional damage. That's what it is" (y/n) mumbled as Niki giggled.

It had been the next day, Niki invited (y/n), dream, and sapnap to a picnic in the woods.

"haha...! And (y/n), just as you said... I erased their memories from yesterday" Niki said

"thanks... Niki, I.... I appreciate it" (y/n) sighed.

"hey, it's gonna be alright, it won't happen again" dream hummed as he stared up at (y/n) with his red eyes.

"I know but it just.... It doesn't... I mean..." (y/n) groaned.

"it's okay (y/n), we know what you meant... It won't happen again, I promise" sapnap reassured

"I hope so... I really... Really don't want it to happen... Again..." (y/n) mumbled.

"it's rare to see you this down (y/n), but, after this let's go to the library, I know that'll cheer you up" dream winked as (y/n) nodded.

"thanks..." (y/n) hums softly.

"how do you feel?" Niki asked as she handed her some drink.

"I... Don't know... A little... Glad? I don't really understand how I feel exactly" (y/n) mumbled.

"just know that we're always here... We're here for you (y/n)!" dream grinned with a giggle.

"thank you... I... Appreciate it" (y/n) nods.

"now cheer up (y/n), right after, we're going to the library" sapnap said as Niki agreed

It made (y/n) somewhat happy that she can't express, it sure is nice to have someone like them in your life.

Later...

"bye..." (y/n) softly whispered as she watched as the island slowly drift off to unconscious nowhere.

"what're you doing in the island exactly?" law asked beside her as she sighed and shook her head.

"hey, what's wrong?" law asked as (y/n) sighed again and walked away without another word.

'only those who seek comfort in me and me in them are the only ones who shall know what I feel' (y/n) thought.

In reality, (y/n) didn't trust anyone on the ship, considering how they couldn't shut themselves with one angry look from their captain says so.

They gossip about everything too. They can't keep their mouths shut.

And besides... They're too energetic for (y/n) to even engage a small friend point on.

Timeskip for about 5 month later...

(y/n) sat on the edge of her bed at her dim lit room, the only light source is the semi-big window behind her as she stared lifelessly on the floor.

Memories flooding in of how she came to be and how she wanted to be.

It's what she call 'personal therapy' remembering her past and think of something that could overwrite it in the meantime so that the pain of it doesn't catch up.

It works... Sometimes, but... Most of the time it just worsens it.

Despite that fact, she keeps doing it, (y/n) seemed to like dwelling in the past without knowing, like how she would move to her own accord as if a robot who had a schedule maintained just for them.

Then a knock cut her from her concentration and she just looked at the locked door without even raising her head or do other movements.

Her blank expression worsened when the knock came again.