Chapter 5

As I wake up I feel that there is no one next to me, so I get up and at the same time I smell something coming from the kitchen. I slowly make my way to the kitchen and see Peeta standing over the stove with no shirt on. I stand there in a trance but only for a few seconds before I go and wrap my arms around his waist. He slightly jolts, and he turns around and smiles. While we stand there in a comfortable silence. He puts two plates on the table. I look to see that he has made pancakes, bacon, and eggs. I start to drool, quickly I sit down and start to devour my pancakes. I hear Peeta chuckle and I look up to see his memorizing smile.

"Looks like someone was hungry" he says with a little laugh.

"Hey, i'm starving and I love my food" I say so innocently.

He just laughs and continues to eat. After we finish eating, we both do the dishes, then we go and sit on the couch. He faces me and starts to lean towards me, his face only inches from mine, he then speaks with a serious tone.

"Katniss I know it has only been a week and your parents and sister are gone and that has left you broken but, I love you, I always have and always will. I know your afraid to open up your heart too only have them stomp on it, but Katniss I would never do that. I wouldn't dream of it. I love you so much that words can't even explain how much I love you. Your are my world, Katniss will you do the honor of becoming my girlfriend?" He says with deep meaning and seriousness.

I sit there with my mouth ajar. I let a single tear slide before I wipe it away. I am speechless. I kiss him with such passion and I feel more than a spark, I feel a fire that keeps growing every second we keep are lips together. We both pull back gasping for air.

"So that's a yes." he says with a little excitement and a seductive tone.

I nod and I push my lips on his. I slowly start to lean back. As I do so I notice that Peeta is hovering over me. He licks the bottom of my lip begging for entrance, I let him and we start making out for what seems like forever but we decided that he needed to go home. When he leaves I decide to get dressed in a sunset orange shirt and some skinny jeans. As I start to head out I leave Haymitch a note, telling him I will be in the meadow. When I finish I head out the door. When I close it I start making my way towards the meadow at a unusually fast pace. When I get there I walk over to the willow tree. I lay my back against the tree and slowly slide down it. When I look at the ground I see a dandelion. The first one I have seen in awhile. Signaling that it's spring and that there's hope. Hope for a fresh start of a new life. I then slightly whisper "there is hope for me to love again."