Chapter 3

I wake up wrapped in Peeta's comforting embrace. I smile and try to get up without waking him up but I fail. He opens his eyes and stares at me. A blush creeps on my face, I turn my head away while I get up of the couch. We both stretch while looking around us. Everyone seems to be still sleeping. Just then an idea pops into my head.

"I have an idea." I say looking at him.

"What is this idea?" He says with a goofy grin.

"Well, how about we prank them?" I say smiling mischievously.

"What is this prank?" He ask while his smile gets wider if possible.

"We could fill buckets up with ice cold water and dump it on all if them." I suggest while looking around at everybody.

"That sounds splendid! I will get the buckets and water while you get the ice okay." He states walking off into the distance.

I hurry and go to the kitchen and grab as much ice as I could. When i'm done Peeta comes back with four buckets filled with water. I put as much ice in each bucket I could without it overflowing. Peeta carries two buckets while I carry the other two. We silently make our way into the living room, I head over to where Annie and Finnick are and Peeta goes over to where Johanna and gale are. One, two, and three! I mouthed. Me and Peeta empty the buckets on our friends and run. We both head upstairs and hide into one of the bedrooms closet. Not a second later we hear our friends stomping up the stairs. "Mabey that was a bad idea." I whisper. Peeta just shrugs and pulls us deeper into the closet. "Where are you motherfuckers!" I heard Johanna yell furiously. She's pist. Me and Peeta sit quietly in the closet before the door opens revealing a pist off Johanna. I smile sheepishly while trying to look innocent as possible and Peeta does the same. I get out of the closet pulling Peeta up with me. I look around and see not so happy looking people. "Come on guys loosen up. It's not like I woke you all up early. It's like twelve in the afternoon." I say trying to lighten up the mood. Ignoring what I said they all walk out to go change.

After we all ate something we decided we would all go to the beach, because it is such a perfect day today. After changing into our swimsuits we all pile into one car and head to the beach. Once we reach the beach we set our towels and bags down. The guys take of their shirts while us girls take off our shirts and shorts. When i'm done taking my cloths off it leaves me in a forest green bikini. I look up and see all the guys jaws drop and their little friends showing.

"Close your mouths you're gonna catch flies" I say and they close their mouths immediately.

"Oh and nice of your friends to join us" Johanna says, laughing with the rest of us.

All the boys look down and blush as they scurried to the bathrooms. We all laughed and laid down on our towels. After a few minutes the boys are back but before I can react Peeta has me in his arms. I look over to the girls and the guys got them in their arms too. They start heading towards the water and I start to squeal and try too wiggle out of his grip. Before I can jump out of his arms he has thrown me in the water. When I come up for air I yell "You will get it Mellark!" The girls say the same thing but they say the other guys names. They all just laugh and jump in. We play chicken and of course I win! After that we go and get ice cream. While we start to head to Annie's. We all make jokes and laugh non stop all the way there. When we get there I say "Hey guys I gotta go home see ya later." They all said okay and bye. After I got my stuff I headed to the door but Peeta stopped me.

"Hey I was wondering if I could walk you home." He said a little nervously.   

"Yea, why not." I say with a big smile on my face.

While we start walking we start telling each other about ourselves. I learned he has two brothers Rye and James. Also that his favorite color is sunset orange. Along with a few other things but before I know it we arrive at my house.

"I had a great time." He says

"Me too, lets get together some time." I say while exchanging our numbers.

"Thanks see you later Katniss!" He says as he walks away.

"Welcome, see you later Peeta" I say all bubbly and happy.

When I open the door I walk upstairs and I put my stuff up and I set a playlist on my phone and get into the shower for about thirty minutes, when I get out I put a sunset orange shirt on and a pair of pajama shorts. How ironic it's Peeta's favorite color. After I eat dinner I go to bed but not so peacefully this time.