38

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

——————

Since they found out that Abby's pregnant they decided to pause their investigation about the past.
They decided to live in the moment and let go of the past. But  only for a while. Until the baby's born. Niall never confronted his father. He wanted to find the real killer with proof then confront him.

It's been five months since then and the couple was in the doctor's office to find out the gender of the baby.
"You're having a healthy boy" the doctor smiled at them.
A huge smile sat on Niall's face.
"Son" he mumbled to himself.
Abby was smiling as well. She was happy that she has been given a second chance to have a child.

"So?" Bobby asked once Niall and Abby entered the mansion.
"We're having a boy" Niall said proudly.
Bobby smirked once he heard the news. His generation will carry on after all.
Jacqueline's face fell. She stumbled a bit walking upstairs to her room.
"Boy" she said to herself.
"Boy" she said madly.
"Boy" she took the pillow and covered her face with it and screamed into the pillow which came out as a muffle.

When the couple went to their room to change into a more comfortable clothes, Abby faced Niall.
"I'm scared" she said.
"Why?"
"What if something happens"
"This time it won't. This is a different hospital with more experienced doctors and nurses. If something was wrong they would say it before anything bad happens. This is a trustworthy hospital. I've done a lot of research this time" Niall said cupping her cheeks and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead.

It was almost dinner time. Abby was walking toward the kitchen that she overheard Jacqueline talking to Molly.
"Which one is Abby's soup bowl?" She asked.
"This one, why?"
"Just asking" she shrugged walking to the other direction.
Once the maids weren't paying attention Jacqueline walked back toward Abby's bowl. She took out a small container out of her pocket and poured something in the bowl. She smirked and walked out of the kitchen.

Abby came out of her hiding spot and walked toward the bowl. Whatever Jacqueline poured in the bowl she made sure to mix it well so no one noticed what she has put it inside.
Abby tried smelling it but no unusual smell reached her nose.
As she took a step back she heard something crunching under her feet. She moved her foot and looked down. It must've spilled out of the container Jacqueline had in her hand while she was pouring it in the soup.
Abby inspected and figured what it was. Sesame Seeds.

A type of food which causes miscarriage

Abby became extremely mad. She stormed to her room sitting behind the dresser.
Niall came in whistling to himself having no clue what just happened. Once his eyes met Abby's figure he whistled more happily causing her to smile. He crouched down in front of her. He gave her a quick peck and then placed a kiss on her baby bump.

"Can I ask you a question?" Abby said.
"Of course" he said still kneeling down in front of her with his hands on her baby bump.
"Can we maybe.. have our own house?"
"This is our house. This mansion is ours baby. They're the guests here" he said.
She nodded.
"Can't they go?" She asked.
"You want me to kick my dad and brother out?" He furrowed his eyebrows.
"No not them..but"
"Helena and Jacqueline" he said.
"More specifically Jacqueline" she whispered.

"I'm just scared that she does something" she said.
"I will not let her. Don't worry about her. Only think about our prince who's only four months apart from coming" he said excitedly kissing her stomach again causing her to smile. She moved her eyes to the empty bassinet at the corner of the room and sighed heavily.
"I miss her too you know" Niall said noticing where Abby was looking at.
"I know" she nodded.

Niall stood up but Abby held his wrist causing him to turn around and face her again.
"Niall" she said.
He looked at her waiting for her to continue.
"I caught Jacqueline pouring sesame seed in my bowl"
"And?" He had no idea.
"Sesame causes miscarriage"
His face turned red and his vein popped out.
He stormed out.
"Niall" Abby called following him.

Niall walked straight to the living room where Jacqueline was. He stood in front of her staring deep into her soul. She gulped looking terrified.
"Nial-" she got cut off by a slap that was received from Niall himself. She was shocked at his action. Especially that they were in front of Helena, Bobby, Greg and most importantly Abby.
"Why would you do such a thing?" Bobby asked Niall.
"She's your childhood friend" he scolded his son.
"A childhood friend who's problematic" he repeated Abby's words.
"What did she do?" Helena asked.

Niall took another step forward. His heavy breaths was hitting Jacqueline's face.
"You think you can attempt to kill my son and get away with it?" He whispered to her. She began shaking. She was dead scared.
"W-What?" She struggled to get the words out.
"What are you talking about son?"
"She poured sesame seed in Abby's soup bowl. So when Abby eats the soup it causes miscarriage"

"You wanted to kill my grandson?!" Bobby snapped at her.
"I didn't do it. This is a false rumor" she said.
"Abby saw you" Niall said.
"She would do anything to kick me out of this mansion. I remember she used to threat me before that she would poison me..she made the whole sesame thing up"
Abby gasped at her false words.
"Sir" Molly called. Niall faced her.
"I believe your misses' words"
"Why's that?"
"Jacqueline did ask us which bowl belongs to Mrs Horan"
Niall once again faced Jacqueline.
"Pack and leave. This time for good" Niall said.
Her tear fell.
"N-No. you can't do that..remember I got s-stabbed..here is the safest place"

"Jacqueline Rose!" A mysterious guy entered the mansion.
"Sir I tried to stop him bu-" Adam tried to explain himself but Niall raised his finger to assure him that it's okay.
"You still haven't payed my money. It's been months"
"W-What?" She gave her a look.
"Then give me that look. I warned you that if you don't pay me the rest of the money you owe me this time, I will expose you"
"What are you talking about? What money?" Niall asked him.
"Months ago she payed me to stab her in the stomach with a knife so she could come back to the mansion. She told me to stab her in a way that she doesn't die but it also shows its risks. And now she still owes me the rest of the money"
All the stares moved to Jacqueline who was out of words.

*******
A/N
Jacqueline has been
exposed🥳✌️