36

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

——————

"What that man said is true" Helena said.
Abby's heart stopped beating for a second. If this is how she felt then she couldn't imagine how her husband was feeling at the moment. Her head immediately turned toward Niall. His eyes showed pain.

He felt betrayed

He swallowed not processing Helena's words.
"W-What?" He asked in a low voice. He didn't trust his voice to speak loudly.
Helena closed her eyes for a second and opened them to make sure this was real and non of it was part of a nightmare.
"Your parents' relationship wasn't perfect. It was the opposite"
"You're lying" he said.
"You said it yourself. I used to live with them so I know them pretty well"

"Y-You're lying" his voice shook.
"And he was right when he said your mother was forced to marry your dad"
Niall shook his head.
"That's a lie"
"That's the truth Niall"
"No..my parents loved each other"
"Your dad loved her. If you count obsession as the term love"
"No..my mum was h-happy"
"She wasn't..every night she wished for freedom. Every day she begged for divorce"
"Stop" he punched the wall putting a hole in it.

"Th-They met at the park..my dad asked my mum out and they fell in love and they got married"
"That's a lie. A big lie. That story is fake. Your father made that story up"
"No" his voice cracked.
Abby's tears were dropping one by one. She couldn't see her husband in such pain.
"Niall .. your father used to hurt your mother. Physically, mentally and even sexually..She hated your father"
"stop. please" he cried covering his ears and shutting his eyes.

"Your father was addicted to her like she was some sort of drugs..but all she wanted was to break free from your father's grip..Your father is a bad man"
"stop" he whisper cried with his eyes still shut and his ears covered.
"He-"
"Stop!" Abby raised her voice.
"Stop .. that's enough" she lowered her voice.
Niall opened his eyes and gave Helena a deadly glare.
"You" he pointed his finger at Helena "are a liar" he said and stomped out of the room with Abby following him behind.

Niall stormed into his room. Abby joined him and closed the door behind.
"Niall" she called softly.
He suddenly cupped her cheeks and kissed her with every force left in him.
The kiss was filled with pain, sadness, betrayal, and anger.
She let him empty himself in that kiss.
He eventually pulled apart breathing heavily.
She looked at him with pain and sadness.

"She was lying, okay?" Niall told Abby.
"She was lying. Non of it was true. Everything was a lie. Everything was a FUCKING LIE" he shouted running his hand on the dresser knocking down everything that was placed on it.
"EVERYTHING SHE SAID WAS A LIE!" He shouted punching the wall.
"My mum was happy. My dad NEVER HURT HER!" He punched the mirror causing the glass to shatter and his hand to bleed.
"FUCK" he shouted.

Abby rushed toward him holding his bleeding hand.
He stared at her while crying.
She looked at his bleeding knuckles. She suddenly moved her gaze to his and brought his knuckles to her mouth and placed a gentle kiss on his red knuckles.
"I'm scared" Niall whispered.
"What if what she said is true?" He whisper asked.
That broke Abby's heart.
She suddenly took Niall in her arms. He waisted no time to hug her back tightly. Like if he didn't hug her tight enough she would leave him behind.

They broke apart from the hug.
"I don't think your father is the killer anymore" he admitted.
She stared at his broken blue eyes not believing the words that just left his mouth.
"We have to find out who the real killer is" Niall said.
"We will..but now you have to rest" she said.
"I don't need to rest" he argued.
"Yes you do. You are not doing good Niall. You need to lay down a bit"
"Lay down with me" he said.
She nodded and held his hand walking toward the bed.

Once Niall rested his head on the pillow his eyes shut down. He lost every energy he had stored in his body today.
Abby was looking at him with sadness while playing with his hair.
"Is this the reason why we met at the court? To find out the truth about your past? Is this why we fell in love?" She muttered while looking at sleeping Niall.

An hour later Niall woke up hoping everything was just a dream. But the sun being in the middle of the sky proved that everything was real.
He moved his gaze toward his left side but Abby wasn't there. He once again moved his gaze toward right and noticed Abby was sitting behind the dresser.
He shifted a bit catching her attention as she looked up and saw that Niall was awake.
"You woke up" she said softly walking toward him.
He nodded holding her wrist pulling her toward him and gave her a short kiss on the lips.

She once again walked toward the dresser and took the tray walking back to Niall.
"I made you Abby's special dish" she said causing him to smile lightly but it didn't reach his eyes.
She placed the tray in front of him but he only looked at it.
"You have to eat" she whispered removing the extra strands of his hair out of his face.
"I dreamt about my mum" he said not moving his eyes off the tray.
"She had me in her arms rocking me side to side"
She stayed silent and listened to him.
"She was .. smiling" he swallowed the lump in his throat.
"For me" he whispered covering his face.
"She only smiled for me and Greg" he said.

After a minute he removed his hands from his face.
He took a spoon and began eating with zero energy.
Once he was done he took Abby's hand and walked back to Helena's room.
"Tell us" he said once they entered her room.
"Tell us everything. Zero to hundred. Why my mom was forced to marry my dad?"
Helena looked at Abby. Abby nodded at her.

"Your father was in love with her but she wasn't. Because she was in love with someone else. But that didn't stop your father. He threatened her and forced her to marry him"
Niall's chest ached. A pain he couldn't describe.
"She never showed affection to your father and that angered your dad. So he hurt her. In every way"
Niall started to breath heavily and his hands fisted. Abby held his wrist in order to calm him down.
"She never stopped loving the guy she loved before getting married. The day that she got stabbed.. Ryan was there as well but I know he is not the killer"
"How are you so sure?" Niall asked.

"He was the guy who Maura was in love with"

*****
A/N
Another truth has been revealed..