31

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

—————

Abby kept thinking about her father's words.
"Because death is better than this life" this one sentence kept repeating in her mind. What did she mean? Was she not happy with her life? Who was the real murderer? Why did they kill her? Why did they frame Ryan? Why was he there that night?
Tons of questions was filled in her mind with zero answers. She turned around and faced the sleeping Niall. He was only two. He didn't deserve it.
She slid off the bed and walked outside since she couldn't fall asleep.

She saw a flicker of light coming from Bobby's office. He was awake. She was hesitant for a second but she decided to go to him.
She knocked on the half open door.
"Can I come in?" She asked quietly so she doesn't wake anyone up.
"Yes" he nodded and she entered closing the door behind her.
"Why are you awake?" Bobby asked her.
"Why do you think?"
"The truth about your father messed your mind up ha?"
She nodded.

"If .. I ask you a question, will you answer the truth?" She asked cautiously.
"I always tell the truth" he said.
"Were you in love with her?" She asked referring to his deceased wife.
"Of course I was" he said facing the big picture frame on the wall. It was his wedding picture. He was standing behind her with his arms wrapped around her waist.
Just like Abby and Niall's pose.
"I still do" he said feeling lost in his memories.
"Was she happy?"
"Why wouldn't she be?" He turned around facing her again.
"I don't know" she said in a low voice.

"She was happy" he said.
"That day when it happened..how did it" she trailed off.
"I don't know. I wasn't home. The kids were at my brother's. I came home and saw her pale fragile body covered with blood on the floor"
"Niall said my dad was beside the body that night"
"He was. I saw it on the security cameras"
"Can I see the footage?"
"We don't have it" he said.
She furrowed her eyebrows.
"How come?"
"After we buried her I destroyed everything that reminded me of that night"
"But wasn't the footage an evidence against my father? Why did you destroy it?"
"Because whenever I think of that night I feel guilty"
Her face softened at his words.

"I feel guilty because if I never left the house she would've been here right now" he said sitting down behind his desk placing his palm on his face.
"Go to sleep Abby"
She understood that he wanted to be alone right now.
"Goodnight" she said quietly and left his office.
She walked back to her bedroom. That was the only genuine conversation between the two.
He was talking sincerely.
What if Ryan really killed her?
What if her father was really a murderer?
She let out a heavy sigh.
"If only there was a third person in this story" she muttered to herself.

It was the next morning and everyone was busy eating their breakfast. "Niall don't forget today we have a meeting with Tony" Greg reminded his brother.
Niall nodded swallowing his food.
"You coming dad?" Greg asked his father.
"I am" Bobby replied to his son.
"Well I'm off. But I'll come home earlier today so we can go out" Niall told Abby.
"Where to?"
"Just out. So your mind relaxes of all the past events"
She nodded smiling lightly at him.
"Alright bye" he kissed top of her head and left.

Helena and Jacqueline decided to go and relax in the yard leaving Abby all by herself with the housemaids inside.
She secretly went inside Bobby's office trying to find any evidence or proof regarding that night.
He did say he has destroyed everything but she didn't believe it. Or part of her still hopes he hasn't. She wants to prove that her father is innocent.
She searched every bit of the room but she found nothing. She started checking the drawers one bye one.
Apart from Bobby's pictures with his children and wife nothing.
She stared at one specific picture.

The background was similar to the mansion's yard. Bobby was wearing a suite so it must've been taken at an event.
Maura was standing next to him with a beautiful purple dress.
What caught Abby's attention was the difference between the smiles on their faces.
Bobby was smiling happily but Maura was just smiling.
The more she looked at the picture the more she could see herself when she entered this family.
She then looked at the huge picture frame on the wall behind the desk. Bobby and Maura's wedding photo.

What if Maura was forced to marry Bobby as well?
What if she was never happy about her life?
What if their relationship was only one sided and Bobby was the only one who was in love?
But that doesn't explain why she got murdered. Who killed her and why did they do it?
Was it Ryan? Or was it someone else?

"I remember her" Abby jolted up by the sudden voice.
It was Helena.
"She was a kind woman. Really nice. She was just like you. Got everyone addicted to herself" Helena said smiling bitterly.
"How much did you know her?" Abby asked. Helena could be the third person of this mysterious story.
"Average amount. I lived with them for a while. That's how I knew her" she replied her.
"Was she happy being in this life?"
"Was she happy? Hmm..I don't know. I could never read her. She was a closed book"
"Was Mr Horan really in love with her?"
"Oh yeah he was..he was insanely in love with her. As I said she made everyone addicted to herself"
Abby once again looked at the picture.
"She was really a caring person. Blood related or not, she always cared and loved everyone" Helena said.

"Do you think my dad killed her?"
Helena walked closer to her.
"I don't think. I know he didn't do it" she whispered to her.
"How come?"
"I can't say much. My chaotic daughter has already caused so much problems that I can't risk it by answering all of your questions. All I can say and all you need to know is that your father is not the killer. He's innocent" she said quietly and left the room.
So if Ryan is innocent then who is the real killer? And how is Helena so sure that he is not the murderer? What does she know that Abby doesn't?

******
A/N
What are your theories about Maura?