29

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

*Longest chapter of this book so far*

——————

Abby was shocked to hear that. She was expecting anything but this.
"what?" Her throat tightened in fear and panic.
"You heard me. Your father murdered my wife. Niall was only two. My oldest son Greg was six. He cruelly killed their innocent mother. He had no reason to but he did" Bobby said.
"Dad that's enough" Niall said when he noticed Abby was pale.
"That's not right" she denied.
"Oh yeah? Then where is my wife right now? Hm?"
"My dad won't kill an ant. He wouldn't do such a thing" she said as a drop of tear fell.
"Well I'm sorry to ruin the picture of the perfect dad for you, but what I told you was the truth" Bobby said.
"b-but .. it doesn't make sense. Why would he do such a thing?" Her heart broke.
"We don't know. Ask your 'innocent' father" Bobby said sarcastically.

Abby let out a shaky breath trying so hard to prevent her tears from falling. But she failed since another tear dropped down.
"I told you in our first meeting Abby. We do not shed a tear for Jacksons"
"I'm a Jacks-"
"You are not! You're a Horan" Bobby cut her off.
"I'm a Jackson in my blood" she said.
He walked toward her.
"You are not a Jackson. The day you and Niall got married you became a Horan. You are a Horan Abby. Do you understand me?"
"B-but they're also my family" she said with a shaky voice.
Bobby raised his hand to slap her. She closed her eyes but his palm never collided with her face.

She opened her eyes and noticed that Niall was holding Bobby's wrist stopping him from slapping her.
"You're my father and I respect you. But that doesn't mean that you can hit my wife" Niall said with a stern face and tone. Abby gulped down.
"Niall did you just?"
"Yes I did stop you. I will always stop you from hurting my wife" he answered Bobby.
"Get out of my office. Both of you" Bobby ordered madly.
Niall held her hand and they walked upstairs.

"It's not true" she kept mumbling to herself as her tears were dropping one by one.
"It's not true"
"Shh" Niall held her in his arms.
"Niall it's not true .. he didn't do it"
He remained silent. He kept rubbing her back in a soothing way.
"I have never seen him stepping on an ant. He doesn't have the heart to do it. Niall he didn't do it. What your father said it's not true"
He didn't say anything.
"Niall?" She looked at him.
He looked at her.
"He didn't do it, right?" She was trying to convince herself.
He sighed heavily without saying a word.
She began crying again.

It was night time and Abby hadn't left her room since she heard the bitter truth.
Niall was at work that Abby changed and went outside. She walked toward one of the chauffeurs. "My father's house please" she said and he nodded.
"You can leave..I will let you know once I want to go back"
"I will stay here mam"
"But you'll get bored. I don't know how long will it take"
"It's an order from Mr Horan. Whenever I drop you off I should stay until I take you home safely"
She looked at him with pity eyes and nodded.

She rang the bell and Angelina opened the door.
"Abby? Is everything okay?" She asked not expecting her daughter to show up at this time of the night without an announcement.
"It is. Is dad home?"
"Yeah. Come in" she walked inside.
"Abby?" Ryan had the same expression as Angelina.
"Everything is okay" Abby answered his unasked question.
"Can we talk?" She asked Ryan.
Angelina left the two alone knowing it's a father and daughter talk.
"Of course" he nodded sitting down. She sat next to her.

"Dad. I will ask you a question and you will answer me the truth, okay? No more hiding, lying, or keeping secrets" she started.
"Okay?" He was hesitant.
"Promise to tell the truth?"
"Promise"
"Did you or did you not murder Bobby Horan's wife?"
His eyes widened in shock.
"How did you come up with this?"
"Answer me dad. Did you or did you not?"
"But I don't understand. You suddenly show up to ask me this question?"
"Why are you dodging it?"
He sighed heavily.

"I didn't" he finally said.
"They think I did but I didn't. I've been framed. Your grandfather is trying to find out the who really did it but there's no evidence. Whoever did it, did it clean. And the framing, well it worked as you can see" he explained.
He looked at her.
"You have to believe me when I say I didn't do it" he said with pleaded eyes.
"Do you believe me?" He asked with plea.
She stared at him with every emotion in her eyes. He looked down.
"I believe you" she whispered holding his hands in hers.
He looked at her with hopeful eyes.

"But we have to prove it to them as well" she said.
"They won't believe it. Not at least without a proof"
"Then we'll find proof"
"It's not easy Abby. This story is for a long time ago. You were just a new born"
"It doesn't matter. I will prove that you're innocent. Even if it takes hundred years"
He smiled warmly at his daughter.
"okay" he said.
"okay" She smiled back.

She went back to the mansion thinking about her father's words.
Niall finally came home.
"Where did you go?" He asked laying down next to her.
"So they always tell you what I do? Every single detail?" She asked.
"I have to know that you're safe Abby"
She shook her head a bit.
"So?" He asked again.
She turned around and faced him.

"At my parents. Niall I talked to my dad. He says he's been framed. He didn't do it"
He smiled at his innocent wife.
"Tell me Abby. Which murderer confesses that they haven't killed a person?" He asked.
She stayed quiet.
"Exactly" he said facing the ceiling.
"But he was genuine. I saw it in his eyes. I believe him"
"That's because he's your father"
"And you believe Bobby's words because he's your father"
"No. I believe my dad's words because there's proof that your father did it"

"He's been framed" she said again.
"This is why I didn't want you to know the truth..your mind's messed up already"
"You had to see his eyes when he was talking Niall. He's really innocent and I will prove it"
He sighed remaining silent.
"How come your father is so sure that my father is the killer?"
"Your father was beside my mum's body. He was there right next to her with the knife beside his feet"
"That doesn't mean he did it"
"His hands and shirt were covered with blood"
"But still"
"Abby let it go"
"No. He's not the killer. What if your father is the one who's framing my dad?" She asked suddenly.

He faced her with a mad face.
"What are you saying?! That my father killed the mother of his young children?! When his boys were only two and six years old? That he killed his wife who he was insanely in love with?! Is that what you're trying to say?!" He asked furiously.
"no..I'm sorry that came out wrong" she said weakly and reached her hand to hold his cheek but he rolled over and faced his back to her closing his eyes.
She swallowed the lump in her throat.
"Niall that's not what I meant" she said again.
"Whatever" he muttered under his breath.
She closed her eyes to stop the tears from falling.
"I'm sorry" she said again.

*****
A/N
Who do you think is telling the truth?
Ryan or Bobby?