30

Sorry for any grammar mistakes
Hope you enjoy it

—————

Morning came and Abby was waiting for Niall to wake up.
After twenty more minutes he woke up and got ready for the day.
She then held his wrist and turned him around.
He was surprised by the sudden action that came from her.
"Are you okay?" He asked.
"I wanted to say sorry for what I said last night. I really didn't mean what you said. It came out wrong"
"It's okay" he said kissing her temple.

Niall left for work.
"Drop me at my friend's house" she said to the chauffeur.
Once she exited the vehicle she faced toward the driver.
"Go home. I'll call you once I wanted to go back home"
"But I have to stay mam"
"I'm your boss' wife. So you should listen to me as well"
"Yes mam" he nodded and left.
From there she decided to go to her parents' house. Since it wasn't far she decided to walk there.

"Abby hi" Ryan opened the door.
"Hi" she entered the house.
"So what brings you here? You have another bombshell question?" He joked.
She smiled at his humor.
"Dad I talked to Niall. He said there's evidence that you did it. You were beside the body with the knife next to your feet and blood was covering your hands and shirt"
"I know"
"What? So.."
"I was there but I didn't kill her. When I entered the mansion she was already on the floor barely alive. I was trying to help her and take her to the hospital but she didn't let me. I tried to explain but they think I'm lying"
"Why wouldn't she let you take her to the hospital?"
He remembered her words as if it was yesterday.

"Because death is better than this life"

"She said because death is better than this life"
"What? Like she wasn't happy with her life? Niall said his dad was in love with her"
"I .. uh .. I don't know" he said quickly. But he knew something.
"You're lying" she said quietly.
"I am not. I don't know much about their life okay? Don't attack me"
"Why were you there that night?"
"What you're some sort of a detective?"
"I'm trying to help to prove that you're innocent"
"I .. business" lie again.
"Dad you promised to tell me the truth"

"Abby let it go! There's no evidence or shit okay?! If it was, your grandfather would've found out by now!" He snapped at her.
There's definitely something deeper about the past. He knows but he doesn't want to talk about it. She nodded and stood up to leave.
"I'm sorry I snapped at you..it's just I've been trying so hard to prove that I am not a murderer but it all leads to closed doors"
"I understand" she said and left.

She started walking back towards her friend's house so she could call the driver.
She sensed someone was following her and she became scared. She started to walk quicker but the footsteps behind fastened along with hers.
Suddenly a hand clutched to her purse causing her to yelp.

"Just give me the damn bag!" He said under his mask.
"No!" She said trying to pull her purse back.
"Damn Horan married a fighter!" He groaned to himself.
"How do you know" she trailed off. Could this be the man who stabbed Jacqueline? What if he stabs her as well?

"Did you stab her?" She spoke her mind.
"I didn't stab anyone. Now hand me the bag or you'll be the first who I stab" he brought his pocket knife out.
"My bag has nothing important in it" she protested.
He growled and walked behind her placing the pocket knife on her throat.
"The bag. Now" he said to her ear.
"In. Your. Dreams" with that she stomped on his foot harshly and began running away.
She ran all the way toward the mansion by herself.

"Oh my God what happened? Are you okay?" Helena asked once she noticed how pale Abby looked and how she was out of breath.
"Jacqueline" Abby called Jacqueline who was sitting on the couch.
"Yes?"
"That night when you got stabbed..how did he look like? Was he wearing a mask? Did he have broad shoulders and had a pocket knife?" Abby rambled on.
"Yes..yes" she replied.
"He was after me" she said.
Helena's eyes widened.
"Molly call Niall"
"Yes mam"

Abby was a little bit calmer sitting next to Jacqueline. Their heads snapped toward the yard once they heard a very angry Niall's voice.
"WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE HER ALONE?!" He shouted.
"no" Abby whispered to herself.
Suddenly she heard someone groaning in pain. And she knew exactly who it was.
"no" she said feeling guilty while walking toward the yard.
Niall was whipping him with so much aggression. With every whip she flinched. Her heart was shattering because it was her fault. Suddenly Niall looked at the window and became eye to eye with her. He saw the fear in her eyes. He whipped the chauffeur one last time and walked inside.

Without any words he grabbed her upper arm and dragged her upstairs to their room. He closed the door behind.
"This is exactly why I tell them not to leave you" he said irritated.
"N-Niall listen"
"Why did you tell him to go?!" He asked.
She didn't answer.
"Abby" he used his stern voice.
"Because I wasn't going to my friend's house. I just used that place as a coverup"
"Let me guess. You went to your father so you could gather proof"
She looked down.
"See this is why I didn't want you to know. Let it go Abby. Understand? Do not go after this topic ever again. And do not send the chauffeurs home. What if he actually stabbed you?!" he said.
"I'm sorry" she said quietly.
He then took her in his arms.

It was an hour after that incident. Everything and everyone was calmer. Abby went toward the same chauffeur. What hurt her the most was that he smiled once she approached him.
"I'm sorry. I .. I didn't know this would happen" she said sincerely.
"It's okay. We're used to it" he said with a gentle smile on his face.
"You shouldn't be" she said innocently.
"But yet we are" he chuckled.
She smiled weakly at him.
"No need to worry mam. I'm okay. Really"
"I'm glad" she said with a light smile and went back inside.

*****
A/N
Here you go a very small glimpse of the past..