New World

When I wake up I am at home. I lay in Sage and I's bed. I look around for Sage but I don't find him.

I get up and feel my stitches in my side rip. I keep walking. I search every room.

"Baylor?" I hear someone call out.

I can yell without pulling at my stitches more.

I knock against the wall. Over and over.

"Baylor," Beck rounds the corner, "You should be in bed."

"Where's Sage?" I ask.

"Get in bed then we will talk."

"Talk. Then I will get in bed. Where. Is. Sage," I raise my voice in a stern tone.

His jaw tightens, "He is handling business."

Business? Business that's more important than me?

"He was taken, wasn't he?" I ask as we head for the room.

Beck sighs, "You are very smart, Baylor."

"What are we doing to find him?"

"Baylor, Sage was shot in the chest right before he was taken. He may be dead. We are working with our spies to infiltrate and get information. Until then," he pauses and purses his lips.

"Until then..." I prod.

"You are technically the Mafia Queen," he tells me.

"Why me? Wouldn't it be his father?"

I wince as we head up the steps.

"No, he wrote on the papers you would take over."

Me?

"Can I see the papers?"

"What papers?" Beck is getting annoyed with my questions.

"The papers he signed. I believe you. I just want to read them," I give him no hint as to why.

"Sure."

"What about..." I trail off.

Beck looks confused. Realization washes over his face, "Your mother didn't make it. Your father is in our hospital but it's doubtful we will wake up."

I nod my head and we walk the rest of the way in silence.

***

I lay in bed reading the last page of the file.

If I get a little more information from Beck then I will know exactly what to do.

"Beck!" I shout. Hissing immediately in pain.

It's a couple seconds before he pops up in the doorway.

"Yes, my lady," he rolls his eyes.

"Shut up. Who took Sage?" I ask harshly. He is pissing me off.

"Who do you think?" he asks annoyed with me.

"Was it the Americans?"

"Yes."

Sudden realization hits me.

"Where's Carmelo? And Marcus?" I gasp.

"They are both at base with troops. They command certain groups," he tells me.

"Oh good. Okay, I have a little thing I need to do. I need your five best soldiers, three best snipers, and the best girl you have," I wave my hand in a shooing motion.

"Bossy," he mutters under his breath.

"I heard that!"

"Good!"

***

"I'm Natalia. Beck sent me," a girl who is roughly 5'10 and has long blond hair stands in front of me in the doorway.

"Good. I am unsure if you are aware or not but I am the Mafia Queen. Until we know if Sage is alive or not. As your Queen-" I stop, "No. I don't like that. Queen sounds so official. Whatever, what I am trying to say is I need you to keep this a secret. The ten of us in this mission can't let anyone know."

"Why not?" she asks with a blank face.

"If other mafias find out we have a woman who has been in the mafia for roughly three months, we would probably be in danger of many attacks."

"They told me you were stupid, naive, and childish," she looks me up and down. I feel the blow of her words.

"You are none of those," she continues.

"Thank you?" I say slowly.

"What's the plan?" she breaks into a smile and probs on the bed next to me.

I laugh a little and explain to her what my plan is.

***

I walk right up to the Americans door. I knock twice.

When the man opens the door he looks confused, "You have the wrong house."

"As the Mafia Queen you are forced to let me in," I tell him as I push past him.

My men are all in place. Beck walks behind me. Natalia is in place.

"You are being put on trial by the highest ranking Mafia member. You must tell the truth and do as told or you will be killed. Brutally killed," I tilt my head to the side and look at him.

"You're a woman. You won't do shit," he smirks.

I smirk right back at him.

"Want to test that theory?" I ask him.

His smug look drops from his face.

"What do you want?" he rolls his eyes.

"Sage."

Once I had all my information and a plan I immediately had Beck fly us to the US. We know where all bases are because the Mafia King, or queen in my case, gets all that information. It was a roughly three hour flight. I am slightly jet lagged and just want to find Sage and take a nap.

If I did all of this just for Sage to have died. I will probably just kill everyone here. I want Sage back.

"He's dead."

"Mother fucker," I yell as I raise my gun at him.

"Wait!" his eyes fill with fear.

"What?" I roll my eyes impatiently.

"He may still be alive. He should be at base three. If you get there in time, you could maybe save him," he talks super fast.

"Thank you. Maybe they will spare your family now. However, as for the rest of your mafia, they are now mine. You directly attacked the Mafia King therefor have lost any and all power and money you previously had," I shoot him in the thigh, "I will bring you to the hospital but good luck paying the bills."

I walk out of the house with Beck on my heels.

"What was that?" he yells at me.

"What?"

"That was not the plan!" he runs infront of me and stops me.

"I lost my temper. Oops," I shrug and brush my him.