King Mafia

Baylor

I wake up to a gun shot.

"Sage?" I look around the room I am in. I get out of the bed.

"Sage?" I call out louder.

My heart begins to pound.

"Sage!" I scream.

I run out of the room before quickly stopping and hissing at the pain in my arm. My head starts to spin.

"Sage!" I shriek as I feel myself come close to passing out.

I run through the hall opening door after door.

"Sage," I am out breath and slowly looking consciousness. I fall to my knee and begin to crawl.

Sage better not have been shot.

I hear men start to run through the hall. I push myself against the wall.

"You guys...I'll stay...Find Sage..." I blink at the man infront of me. I can only catch fragments of what he is saying.

"Im going to... Sage..."

I don't hear anything else. I feel him pick me up and carry me somewhere.

Sage

As I hold pressure on Carmelo's wound, which is right above his heart, I hear Baylor begin screaming my name.

Oh no.

I can't move from my spot.

"Baylor!" I yell out to her hoping she hears me and comes in this direction.

When someone walks through the door I expect Baylor but instead it's my medical team.

They take over and I sprint to find Baylor.

"Baylor!" I yell.

"Sir," my second stands there holding Baylor.

"Baylor," I sigh.

"She seems to be stable. She passed out from blood loss and getting up to soon after, I assume, her surgery on her arm," her stitches are showing from under her sleeve.

"Thank you, Beck."

"You're welcome, sir," he replies.

I take Baylor from his arms, "Go help the others with Carmelo," I start to walk away, "And make sure Marcus doesn't have a heart attack. Then begin to organize things as planned. I will be in to help you. If anyone gives you any trouble remind them of who you are."

I carry Baylor back to her room and lay her down in the bed. I lay beside her and brush her hair out of her face.

"I love you, Baylor," I whisper to her as I fall asleep next to her.

***

I wake up to someone shaking and screaming.

"Sage!"

Baylor shoots up and looks around frantically.

She looks relieved when she sees me. She places both her hands on my cheeks.

"Oh my gosh. I thought you were shot. Then I started to pass out and this guy picked me up," she starts hyperventilating.

"Hey, hey," I grab her hands, "It's okay. I am right here Baylor. I am right here and I am okay."

She leans her head against mine.

"I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Is it over?" she asks me.

"Yes, it's over."

"Why did you do this? If it was optional. Why?" she leans back and looks me in my eyes.

I look down, "I signed up two years ago. The previous King Mafia was like a horrible twisted father figure in my life. He said that I would never amount to anything. So I signed up. Once you sign up, you can't back out."

She says nothing for a while.

I feel her hand on my cheek as she lifts my head so my eyes meet hers.

"Well, you proved him wrong. You are now the most powerful man in the world," she gives me a small smile.

I kiss her lightly.

"We have plans to make, King. And things to do," she smiles and stands up.

"Yes we do," I smile taking her hand.

We head out of the room and out of the disgusting building that the competition is held in, and head to the Kings Manor. The real Kings Manor apparently.

This one is just a fake so only the real King knows where the real house is.