Dead

"What!"

Now I am going to scream. Marcus puts his head down staring at the ground.

"I was going to tell you."

My eyes begin to water. Marcus' shoulders start to shake before he looks back up at me.

He. Is. Laughing.

"I'm just kidding. He is just resting in his room," Marcus laughs.

"I swear I am going to murder you one day."

"Big words for a girl who is just now learning everything about the real world."

He's not wrong.

I roll my eyes and head upstairs to my room.

"I am going to take a nap. Maybe not wake up. I'll be at the bar when I wake up. Update me on who dies," I turn and walk into my room.

"Oh! But if Sage dies. Tell me immediately," I quickly add.

"Yes, ma'am," Marcus rolls his eyes.

I close the door and get in bed. I change into one of Sages t-shirts and underwear. I toss and turn in bed for a long time.

I can't stop worrying about Sage. I look at the empty bed next to me. Normally he would be here and I would have no trouble falling asleep.

***

When I finally fell asleep it had already been an hour. When I woke up it was three the next day. There is a loud siren going off and I don't know what to do.

Suddenly Marcus' cane bursts through my door. Then Carmelo's foot.

"Baylor!" they both scream.

"What?"

I realize I am only wearing underwear and a shirt. Well, I've been seen in less. Wait! Sage!

"What? Tell me what right now?" I frantically yell at them.

"Anthony brought his mafia. They are attacking right now!" Marcus yells.

"Why?"

Marcus looks at Carmelo before saying, "Sage killed Ren. They are after you and Sage."

Oh no.

I grab the weapons Sage left and take them with me.

I follow Carmelo with Marcus close behind us. We turn corner after corner.

"Turn around!"

We sprint the other way.

We are cornered all the way down to the big sliding doors into the arena.

Anthony stands there smirking.

"For the final part of this challenge," he laughs, "A dual. Between the two last standing contestants...partners."

I start breathing heavy. Hyperventilating. What do I do? What do I do?

I can't shoot a gun.

I don't know how to dual.

Wait. No rules in a mafia.

"W-who is Rens partner?"

A man in white steps up. Confident he is not going to shot because he is wearing white. Would hate to ruin that.

"Ren and Sage are standing right inside this door being held at gun point. If you win, Baylor, Ren will be killed. If we win, Sage will die," Anthony explains with a too confident smirk.

"Sounds good to me," I smile which confuses everyone for a moment.

I hear Carmelo and Marcus whispering behind me.

"I'm Sages partner! Not her!" they both say at the same time.