Secrets

"Sage!" I call out.

"Yes?"

"When's your birthday?"

"April 13th."

I type the numbers in to the safe and it unlocks. I grab the blueprints and keys and books that are hidden behind it as well.

I bring them over to Sage and Beck. Beck looks surprised but Sage just looks confused.

"He used my birthday as a password?" Sage wonders aloud.

"Here's the real blueprints with all the hidden places," I smile and tell them. "I am going to go explore."

I take the blueprints and leave.

I open secret hideout after secret hideout. Most are empty and dust. Some have a key or two that I collect. Other than that there is nothing exciting. I get to the last ones. I know one of these has a bigger room.

I go to the room the last King stayed in. I find the secret room. Instead of there being nothing, there are steps. And noises coming from the bottom.

I listen closely. It almost sounds like whispering. I close the door and yell for Sage.

"Sage! Sage! Come quick!" I yell.

Sage runs in fast with Beck right on his heels.

"There something down there."

"Where?" he asks.

I open the door again. Beck walks down first, his gun out in front of him. Sage begin me with his gun ready as well.

I turn on the lights as we go. The noises have stopped but the pit in my stomach hasn't gone away.

It smells like mold and the air gets chilly. The walls are cement and cold. I grab Sages free hand and squeeze it.

Beck turns the lights on and moves his gun either way.

"Sage..." Beck says in shock.

We get down and look around.

A man and a woman stand each in their own cells.

"Donatello, we won't tell you anything. You haven't given us food or water in weeks. We are weak. Just kill us," a woman says.

"First promise our son is, okay," a man says.

"Mom? Dad?" Sage whispers.

I look at Beck who nods.

"Sage?" The woman grabs the cars of the cell. There are probably hundreds of cells.

"Mom!" Sage looks for a key but then just shoots the lock. He does the same for his father.

"Beck, help me get them upstairs. Call the medics!" Sage yells.

I run upstairs.

"Medics! Medics!" I yell.

Sage

I carry my mother while Beck carrie's my father.

Baylor is getting medics. I set them on the bed Donatello once slept in.

"Has he had you down there since I was ten?" I ask them.

"How old are you now, sweetie?" my mom asks me.

"I'm twenty five," I tell them.

The medical teams walks in.

"The medical team is going to take care of you. You guys rest and then I will come back to talk to you. Okay?" I try my best to keep my voice from breaking.

"Okay, Sage," my mother smiles at me. My father is absently sitting there staring at me.

I kiss my mothers cheek and smile at my father.

I leave the room to find Baylor waiting in the hall.

"Want to go home to sleep?" she asks me quietly.

"Yeah, I could really use some sleep," I whisper to her.

I start to walk but Baylor steps in front of me. She hugs me tightly.

"It's going to be okay. We will figure everything out together. Everything will be fine," she reassures me.

I hug her back tightly.

"I love you, Baylor," I whisper into her hair.

"I love you too, Sage."