Chapter 27

Matt's POV

"Hey man, what's up?" I asked Gabe sitting across the table from him.

"This..." he said handing me a small velt box.

"This isn't..." I said before opening the box, it was indeed an egament ring.

"Yeah..." he said taking a deep breath.

"Are you for sure?" I asked handing him back the box.

"Yeah I think so, still thinking but I'm almost at 100 percent with thus whole thing." he said putting the box in his pocket.

"When where you planning on asking?" I asked.

"The last team dinner of the year." he said still thinking about it.

"Go with your gut man." I told him padding his shoulder.

Charlotte's POV

When I woke up the next morning Beau was gone at practice. I was debating whether to get up or not, I ended up falling back asleep.

Soon enough Beau got home, and decided to wake me up by jumping on the bed and yelling good morning as loud as he could.

"Beau! It's like 7 in morning!" I yelled trying to simmer him down.

"Babe it's almost noon." he said plopping next to me.

"Shut up!" I exclaimed looking for my phone in the blankets.

"Woah! Chill, it's okay." he laughed. "Oh here's your phone." he said handing me it and flashing me a smile.

"So what are we going to do today?" I asked going through the texts Matt sent me.

"Uh, lunch? And no pizza!"

"What?! No pizza?" I whined.

"Char I love you, I really do, but I need a break from pizza." he smiled.

"Okay fine." I smiled then gave him a kiss, did he really say those three words to me?

As we sat at the diner eating burgers Matt kept texting me, why was he extra worried this time?

"So play any pranks this April Fools?" he asked me.

"Oh yes! I got Matt really good a few times." I grinned.

"Poor guy."

"Oh no you're lucky, I almost called you and told you I was pregnant." I laughed then took a drink of my soda.

"I would have cried!" he exclaimed "I would have been like no we're too young." he laughed.

"I would have paid to see that!" I admitted.

After lunch we walked around downtown Pittsburgh then that night I had to fly back to Dever. As we were walking inside I kept thinking about how he told me he loved me.

"Call me when you get home." he said embracing me in his arms.

"I will." I said taking in his scent.

"Love you see you soon." he said it again.

"Bye." I smiled then started walking towards security "Oh Beau, love you too." I smirked.

When I landed in Denver it was late and Matt was waiting for me at the luggage claim.

"You look older already!" he smiled and gave me a hug.

"I feel like an old lady now." I laughed.

"Let's go home."

When I got home I was greeted by Paisley, I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep.

"Hey Char, before you go to sleep... at the last team dinner Gabe might ask Mel to marry him... so make sure she looks her best." he smiled.

"Oh my gosh! Really?" I exclaimed.

"It's a might so..."

"It's okay I got this." I smiled.

"Well goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said

As I was laying in bed I couldn't believe one of my best friends could be getting engaged in a week. But then I started thinking about how Beau told me he loved me...and I said it back. Was it too early? I second guessed myself. I decided to brush it off and get some sleep.

The next morning when I woke up Matt was yelling something at me.

"What?" I yelled from my bed.

"You got mail from Pittsburgh!" he yelled again.

I jumped out of bed and quickly ran into the kitchen to see what they had to say.

A/n: I know I say this every time but you guys are the best! Thank you so much for all the new reads and votes. Please keep reading and voting! Love you guys :)