Chapter 21

I was in shock,  I didn't know what to think. I rubbed my eyes not believing them. When I realized it was really I walked in the opposite direction, I sat in the lobby of the venue holding back tears. Then Sidney walked him from outside letting in a cold breeze.

"Charlotte?" he asked walking over to me.

"Hey." I said hiding my sorrow.

"What's the matter?" he asked sitting next to me.

"Nothing." I lied.

"I've had a few girlfriends in my life, I know something is wrong."

"I was feeling sick so I went to the bathroom and when I walked out Beau was kissing another girl." I said not stopping to breathe, then tears.

"What?" he asked while trying to comfort me.

"I don't know what I did wrong." I cried.

"Nothing." he said hugging me. "Want me to take you home?" I shook my head yes.

He took me back to Beau's place and walked me to the door.

"He's and idiot you know, he messed up big time." he told me before leaving.

When I got inside I took a shower and sat on his bed. I heard him come in, holding back tears.

"Char,  please let me talk to you." he said from behind his door.

"I don't wanna hear it Beau." I said sitting against the door.

"Please, just let me explain-"

"Don't want to hear it!" I cut him off.

"Please..."

"Fine." Tears filled my eyes.

"I just don't think I'm right for you, you deserve better..."

"Don't start with the it's not you, it's me shit! Heard that one too much." I couldn't hold back the tears anymore. I heard him sit against the door.

"I know I screwed up, big time. I should have told you what I thought."

Silence.

"Please... please talk to me." he pleaded.

"I have nothing to say."

"Please open the door. "

"No! I want to go home." I said tucking my knees to my chest.

"I'm sorry..." he trailed off.

I thought about texting Matt, but I still care about Beau don't want him to get killed.

"Char,  please let me in."

"Why?" I asked angrily.

"I need to see you."

I opened the door, he looked... tore up. I had to look up into his eyes then quickly looked away.

"I know I fucked up... bad. But I don't deserve you..."

"So you go kiss another girl?" I asked crossing my arms.

"I knew you'd see it, and break up with me cause I can't break up with you." he said looking from the ground to me.

Why did I feel so bad for him? I hugged him, he hugged me tighter. "You are stupid." I cried into his chest.

"I am, we better get you home."

"Not yet. But make a stupid mistake like that again and I'll cut you." I said wiping away the tears.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked.

"I guess."

Beau's POV

At practice Crosby kicked my ass.

"Bennett! Five more!" he yelled at me, god I hated suicides. "Bennett what the hell is that?! Shoot ten more pucks!"

By the time practice was over I felt like I was going to pass out. After I walked out of the locker room.

"You're a dumb ass." said Sidney.

"I know, I'm lucky she took me back."

"Hurt her again and I'll kick your ass... so will Duchene."

My heart sank, did she tell Duchene?

Matt's POV

"How's my favorite sister?" I asked when I got off the plane.

"Good, just hanging out."

"Hey, you good?" I asked.

"Yeah! Just kinda missing Colorado."

"Oh so not me?" I asked acting offended.

"That's why I said Colorado." she laughed.

"I'm home I'll see you soon." Then with that I hung up the phone.

That night I got ready to go on a date with Ashley, it's been too long. I took her out to dinner and a movie.

When I got home it wasn't late but I was exhausted. The next morning when I was in the kitchen I saw a letter. I read it thinking it was for me... but it wasn't.

Dear Ms. Charlotte Duchene,
Due to our scouts we have grown fond of your work at Colorado University and admire your hard work. We understand you are graduating a year early so that makes you an even better candidate for this position. During your four years of medical school we would love to offer you a paid internship here in Pittsburgh.  Hopefully we'll be talking soon.

Sincerely,
The Pittsburgh Penguins Staff

What? My sister move to Pittsburgh?

A/N thank you so much for all the reads and votes! It makes me so happy. I know I've been updating a lot but I finally have time. You guys are the best, please keep reading and voting!  Love you guys :)